Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

Cooling Fan coming on when cold

My '92 Corrado G60 has been playing up alot recently.

The other day it fried the headlight loom cos the switch broke.

It keeps blowing fuse 14 which stop the reverse lights from working, the mirrors and windowa.

So i've had the headlight loom fixed, i had the battery disconnected for a while before hand, and since reconnecting it and getting the lights going, the Radiator fan comes on as soon as i turn the ignition on then off, even if i don't start it, it still comes on when you i turn the key to the off position.

I've un-plugged the thermo switch on the rad which didn't make any difference, anyone have any ideas, is there another sensor near the fuel rail? If so i can't see it one!!

Any help much appreciated!

Matt

I've got this problem on my VR, well had it for about 2 years.

I just unplugged the high speed fan sensor from the thermostat housing (its the one on the right in my car) and that's avoided the problem for the last couple of years.

I guess I'd advise taking a look your sensor and seeing if its knackered, not expensive to replace if it is, and I should get round to replacing mine soon I guess!

Andy

Cheers guys, the relays are in front of the header tank. the only way to test that is to put new relays in right??

Are there any other sensors for the fan anywhere else?

OK so i found my thermoswitch behind the ISV there, unplugged it, turned the ignition on, then off and the fan started, i waited for a while and the second speed kicked in when the fuel pump comes on as well.

It went for about 10 minutes, then stopped.

So then i turn the ignition on then off again and it all starts up again!!

Also to throw another problem at me, it had blown fuse No20, so the brake lights didn't work either, i've replaced that.

Questions!!!

Does this sound like the thermoswitch to anyone? How do i remove it? Whats the part number for it, is it G60 specific??

:shrug: