Sign in to follow this  
mcbettermanpj

Bonnet Release Issue

Hi does anyone know how to release a bonnet if the cable has either snapped or come away from under the bonnet?

Just got car back from garage yesterday where the had they had all of the front of the car off replacing the lower rad crossmeember and engine but was hoping to have a look at it myself before giving the car back to them to fix. Bonnet work 1st time I popped it after it's return due to only one headlight working, 2nd time the N/S of the bonnet was catching and today I pulled it and something went I I've just got a floppy handle :confused4: Oh and whilst I posting this topic any ideas how easy it is to get to the air temp senser as my car now thinks it's 50c outside :shrug:

New bonnet pop cables are 20-30quid from vw, somthing ridiculous like that anyways, I never felt they worked too well so I removed the handle and cable and set up, to use my own Method altogether using a bike brake cable, I'll never be locked outta my bonnet again, you could also use this alongside the normal cable strictly for emergencys. if ya intrested to know pm me and I'll try and explain it, somethings are best not shared on the Internet.

hi im def interested. Ive managed to open it now by taking the grill off and pulling down on the cable which i now need to replace due to broken clip. I've also got to sort out my fog lights as they no longer work since the garage replaced my engine and lower rad crossmember and also missing my air temperture sensor and the small part of teh alarm that tells me if the bonnet is either shut or not as they seem to have not put back on :confused4: