Sign in to follow this  
bighands

where have my tyres gone.......

i put some new tyres on my C 6 months ago, there kuhmo 215/16/40's but they need replacing already?!?! is this normal? this is on the front only, the backs look like new, they are 225/16/40's also, the car is lowered 40mm, and i can only take 3 blokes or 1 bloke-me and 3 girls in it? :lol: good excuse eh? or it rubs, but only on one side? is this normal? i cant afford 2 keep replacing the sodding things at this rate! is this a new record? the tracking was done 6 months ago as well...........

6months? how many miles? :?

I trashed a set of cheap tyres on my MKI 16V in around 4 months and 6000miles and since then have only used good make tyres and have slowed down quite a bit! :wink:

yea its just under 6000 miles.....this is gunna cost me a lot i can see!!! and u what!! slow what!?!?! me? drive fast? i dont think so :angel: im a good boy.... so this is usal? why r they so hevey on tyres?

Where did they wear out.. is you tracking/camber correct? (though be warned, the VR6's large -ve camber...which results in high wear on the inner edge of the front tyres is also what gives it the handling round corners and helps limit understeer)

its only a wee 1.8 16v, and its even all over, werid, also, 2 of my tyres go down really really slowley, over aouut 2-3 weeks loose bout 10 psi, this is also V annoying, matey in the garage said alloys have a tendancy to become pourus with age, is this true anyone?!?!?

Most likely your alloys have a little bit of corrosion around the inside of the rim, where the tyre is supposed to seal to it. You could get the tyres refitted and take a wire brush to the rim to try and smooth it out, but to be honest you're always going to be fighting a losing battle there and the only way to fix that is to get them refurbished.