Sign in to follow this  
OllieVR6

Sparkies and Oil

So I went to the stealers and got some oil. Everyone here talks about VW Synta Silver. But he sold me Quantum Synta (doesn't say silver on it anywhere) it's in a silver bottle tho, and has a black label. Is this the right stuff? Its 10W/40 semi synth I believe.

Also, I've done a few searches but haven't come across anything definitive. What spark plugs should I get? www.sparkplugs.co.uk have cheap or expensive ones, and www.vwspares.co.uk offer something in the middle in terms of price. I normally get NGK for the daily and the bike, are these good enough for the Corrado?

Yep, VW synta Silver is actual "Quantum 10W/40 semi synthetic". We just know it as synta silver.

Spark plugs - NGK BKRE5UP is the official VR6 dealer fit plug, but it's expensive for what it is. It's that little P at the end, for Platinum. Just means they last a little longer than usual.

Just standard BKR5Es from sparkplugs.co.uk are plenty good enough and a fair bit cheaper.

Yeah it's just called Quantum Synta now but should still be a silver container...

The fully synth Gold is now Platinum that also replaced the PD Diesel oil.