Sign in to follow this  
bigroba82

No spark to my vr6

Just wondering if anyone can help with my vr. The other week i left my friends house car and engine running perfect, on the way home stopped for 20 minutes and on return to the car it wouldnt start for love nor money! After a lot of playing about i called the aa and when they tested it found there was no spark getting to the plugs. It is now in the garage where originally they said it was the ecu that was the problem so i got a second hand one and took it to them only to find it still wouldnt start! Then an auto electrician said it was the crank sensor so changed that and still no joy but the garage now reckon it would start but only run off 2 cylinders so a new coil pack was next to be fitted and once again still no change! The garage have now given up and left it to me to sort (awesome garage this) so i am just wondering if anyone has any idea or heard of this before!!???

I'd try the ECU relay first off - can't remember the number off the top of my head, but a quick search will probably find it. About £15 for a genuine one, it'll be worth changing the fuel pump relay at the same time as well.

I was having no end of starting problems, changing these 2 relays cured it.

ecu relay 109

fuel pump relay 67 or 167

think thats right if not im sure somebody will correct me hope this helps