Sign in to follow this  
Storm Guy

Storm Alarm Wimpering - Back up battery change?

Hi Folks -

Did a bit of searching but could not find something quite like this situation.

I have a 95 Storm fitted with a Logic 900 (Conlog) alarm. Originally fitted at the dealers in 95.

The alarm is starting to wimper, that is to say not a full blown alarm but half heartedly sounding. It happens occassionally, but now quite frequently now. The alarm can be on or off, and may wimper even when driving. Pressing the key fob often does nothing to stop it.

Nothing new has been added.

Wondering if its the back up battery on its way out, and its trying to tell me so. If so where is the back up battery located - and can it be easily diy'd?

Or maybe some sort of shorting , bad wiring somewhere? - hopefully it is something simple, and does not maen a new cat 1 total closure alarm.

Whatdya think?...please help.

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue with mine, it basically turned out to be that the grounding and power point for the siren (which was battery back-up too) wasn't good enough and wasn't providing these any more so the siren was just using the power from the battery backup up until the point where there was no juice left and it died totally. I wouldn't know where your siren was but it shouldn't be too hard to spot if you open the bonnet and the battery back up should be built into the siren..

Thank you - will have a look at w/e. Will check, the siren itself looks pretty robust to say the least. Hopefully the backup battery can 'easily' be accessed.

Thanks again.