Sign in to follow this  
jinks

What have I broken in this pic?

Hello people - I had a leak recently from what I thought was the top hose where it meets the housing which is now broken. Turns out it's not the hose but the piece which my friendly mechanic neighbour unfortunately broke. Can anyone identify this and give me a part number if possible and any tips on fitting i.e does the bumber and rad need to come out?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

broken_pipe.jpg[/attachment:2lq8oep7]

Love that, was going to leave that post for a bit but checked it anyway and there you go - one helpful person instantly responds! Cheers...

Sheee-it. That's a pain, was hoping to get my neighbour to just help out but don't think he'll be mad about doing that in the road. So is an old one fine to use or might that just crack again? Maybe brand new would be best? Thanks for your reply.

Simon

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55166&hilit=thermostat+housing

Can be done with out taking the front off like in the link above but imo alot easier with the front end taken off. Just remember when you do take the front end off the headlights do not have to be removed as the slam panel comes off as one.(usually the screws on top of the headlights just round off)

Some interesting software you've got there! Useful. Yeah that looks like it, looks like a nightmare - thanks!

Simon

Cheers for the link, you're right, doesn't look that bad. Any idea what that part costs now? Does ETKA tell you that too?!

Simon

I did one the other day without taking any of the front of the car off, you just need to take your time and remove a few hoses, the coilpack and the ignition leads/guides. A mirror is useful for seeing where the long allen bolts fit.