Sign in to follow this  
UseOnceDestroy

Relocating side repeaters onto bumper ...

I'm hoping to remove my side repeaters when I get my front end sprayed ... I hear its an MOT fail not to have them, so I was thinking of cutting them into the bumper ... like (recently learnt) the American spec bumper ...

corradosiderepeatersgone.png

Does anyone know of any side repeater lenses that can be used for this? I'm looking for something thin, preferably smoked.

If anyones got any tips or build documentation for this, it would be very helpful. Cheers :clap:

on a us car they are only running lights, I didnt know this. I have a set of them cause I wanted to do the same thing. You'd have to run some wire from the the wing or the bumpers Id imagine

hi, im not too sure if its a mot failure, if the car comes with side repeaters and they dont work then its a fail, but if it doesnt have them how can it be a fail i.e some cars dont have a reverse light, its not a fail come mot time. ive got a golf mk 4 coming in to have his side repeaters removed and smoothed and he isnt concerned what so ever, i dont think many mot guys would pick up on the side repeaters missing, but they would if they werent working, hope this makes a little sense ha ha.

cheers, si

I think this is the same for a few of the MOT bit's isn't it? For example, if you have a flat spare or a spare with no tread, that will fail. But not having a spare at all is fine, afaik.

no im afraid cars made after 1991 have to have visible side repeaters from a certain distance at the side of the vehicle..

some cars where the front indicator is on the corner of the wing and can be visible from the side may be passable, obviously corrados not so much..

i had an import MK1 clipper that didnt have side repeaters but as it was a 1992 model failed and i had to wire some in.. :?

wether its there or not after 1991 is a fail unless present and working..

the rule of no spare isnt always valid, i mean if your mirror is broke it is ok aslong as 2 more are still in working order, but if you removed the interior mirror and passenger mirror its a fail.. because it is obligatory that you have two...

8)

Thanks for the info lads, I think I'm going to be fitting a pair of M3 side repeaters and recess them into the bumper. Not decided what type yet, think these would look smart ...

2_1194867758.jpg

What do you reckon? Gonna have a look around for some ideas