Sign in to follow this  
ozowen

Creative FX

Anyone heard of this company or better still had any work done by them. I got to hear about them when I was reading this months EVO mag. One of the editors got his Nissan GTR coloour wrapped in purple looks very good and at 1800 quid for the full car cheaper than a respray. I also think our Corrado's bold lines would make their job easy. Below are links to the company and a youtube video showing them transform a red ferrari F430 spyder into a stealth black one. The process looks simple and you end up protecting your original paintwork.

http://www.fxuk.net

They are also authorised reps for badging including VW's so I have asked what pricing they could do for the Corrado badges, hinted that as we were a big forum if the price was good there would be lots of interest

i saw the car in evo and at autosport, looked good to me! think i might get mine done!

i saw the car in evo and at autosport, looked good to me! think i might get mine done!

It seems the logical approach, I wonder if they have a limitless colour scheme. I presume your original bodywork would have to be in tiptop nick to.

There was a new Mk 5 Golf GTi in bright orange vinyl at couple of years ago at E38, you don't notice until you get close to it.

As for paint finish being good, I guess it depends how sticky the stuff is and how you remove it.

I saw a chrome covered R8 at Trax this year and from a distance it looked nice, but up close it was horrible. You'll never get the shine you get from paint that's freshly polished and it starts to look tatty. The R8 had bad marks all over it, I guess from daily use, and the edges were starting to look scruffy. Also the bonnet had to be done in 2 parts and where the stuff has to overlap slightly you get a small lump right down the middle. Not my cuppa tea I'm afraid, I'd rather have to polish my car twice a month.

tbh im not a fan of this, if you wana just get a roof or bonnet done for a while or if you have money to burn and just wana change the colour of your car for awhile then this stuff is bang on, but instead of painting im not so convinced by it, its never guna look half as good as proper nice paint job polished to the nines

there is a few cars that have been done that i know off, in fact there was a pvw feature on it with the black mkv done in orange and the brown caddy done like a cow :cuckoo: , my worry with this stuff would be if the edges started to peel up and like i think it was said if it started to look tacky

for me this is just used as a quick fix for thoes that wana make an instant impression and if it doesnt come of then you justrip it off nothing lost well £1800 but at least you dont have to get it repainted back

The company i work for does this type of thing (vehicle wraps), we started with taxis, vans etc years ago and now cars are more popular then ever.

Like anything though things have moved on and the vinyl we use now is light years ahead from a few years back, though i've still yet to see an acceptable

chrome film, as mentioned above, its just not 'conformable' enough.

At the moment its never going to be a replacement to paint, but then again it doesn't cost as much. But using todays vinyl's its getting closer to a finish that is hard to tell the difference.

I dont know if anyone has come across the carbon fibre film that alot of other car forums a raving about, but its truly amazing stuff, i've wrapped everything from trim to complete vehicles in the stuff

and it is almost indistinguishable from the real thing!! The only thing i cant decide is where to put some on my Corrado, been thinking about the rear number plate plinth??

Personally Carbon Fibre just looks a tad chavvy IMO. Unless its there do do a purpose and is in use for fucntion rather than form why use it?

Personally Carbon Fibre just looks a tad chavvy IMO. Unless its there do do a purpose and is in use for fucntion rather than form why use it?

x2 its like burberry for a car, dont get me wrong i see why people like it, it could be a nice little touch and at the min its abit different but i just think it looks :censored: real or fake, i love what it is but i would deffo paint over it, and i know theres people who will love the stuff and thats good as we all like different things

I agree, but it is purely a cosmetic thing, and its come a long long way since the days of the Folitec crap :camp:

At the end of the day there is no real 'function' or 'purpose' in wrapping a Ferrari in vinyl, or spraying the back lights of a Corrado red, but people still do it :)

£1800?! Jeezus!

On a prestige car like a Ferrari where a good respray is going to cost you a LOT of money, I could understand it... but you could get a very respectable respray on a Corrado for £3,000 including replacement of all necessary trim bits easily.... I think I'd just pay that bit more and get proper paint done!

At the end of the day there is no real 'function' or 'purpose' in wrapping a Ferrari in vinyl, or spraying the back lights of a Corrado red, but people still do it :)

:lol: agreed, and why people think rear red lights looks any good is beyond me :cuckoo: :)

and why people think rear red lights looks any good is beyond me :cuckoo: :)

It's because orange makes ppl want to :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:

ive seen both good and bad jobs done with vinyl and the good is really good and the bad is really bad.

the GTR in evo is a really good job. you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between that and a respray.

i would also say that £1800 is probably top money for a vinyl job, whereas a top respray could be could be £5000+

you pay your money and take your choice i guess

I was considering getting my old C vinyled at one point - something different / for a laugh not as a replacement for a respray though.

I gave up on the idea as I couldn't think of anything that hadn't laready been done i.e - camo / cow etc or wouldn't just look abit rubbish.

Did similar in the sixties with a roll of wallpaper, a packet of Solvite and a tin of varnish, Total cost was under a £1 at the time. If you got fed up you just stripped it and put on a different pattern.

£1800??

Totally Dynamic wrapped my TT white for £850 and its a good job!

Edit: heres some pics, no joining lines visable either.

230820091122.jpg

230820091118.jpg

£1800??

Totally Dynamic wrapped my TT white for £850 and its a good job!

Edit: heres some pics, no joining lines visable either.

230820091122.jpg

230820091118.jpg

That does look good. Whats it like for paint chips etc? Alos what happens if you want to take it off, is there residue left?

I would presume there are issues if there is rust bubbles to start with.

I would consider this as the one thing I dont really like about my car is the colour and Im not one of those polishing types that spend half a day getting rid of my swirls.

I doubt it, its like putting a fake exhuast pipe on the car and you cant really use Evo and Scooby owners as a good gauge :lol: