Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

Flat Spot in 2nd and 3rd Gear

I had the car out yesterday afternnon for a drive and i noticed that the car has developed a couple of flat spots in 2nd and 3rd gear between 3k and 4k its not as smooth as it use it to be its like something is holding it back :scratch: Anyone got any ideas?

Also when i arrived home i had a check around the engine bay checking the pipes ect were up to temperature i noticed the middle hose from the block to the rad was not as warm as the other two, i have had the thermostat changed less that 1500miles ago could it be a duff thermostat? i have no idea what the running temps of the car are either because of my erratic dials oil and colant gauges are currently not working for some unknown reason, anyone with any advice would be great.

cheers

I would get your car onto VAGCOM first, but it may be due to the car not getting up to temp and therefore car staying in warm up mode as the blue sender won't be sending the right signals.