Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

DUBSPORT PICTURES NEEDED FOR PVW FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!

I have just had a phone call from Eliot at PVW asking about our rolling road day. They are intresting on running something in there magazine. 8) 8) :lol:

Can you all email me any photos you have? Need the pictures at high res too, please, if possible. Also a full break down of your results and spec, comments, etc.

Either email to mailto:[email protected] or transfer over msn mailto:[email protected]

Can you do this ASAP??? :-P

Cai, your @email account is full, it's just bouncing messages back telling me to "go away"... :wink:

I'll send you the hi-res versions tonight at about 8pm when I get home... 8)

195 hp @132mph / 6246

190hp @ 132mph / 6246

176lbs/ft @ 4168

spec: J210 ODU

piper cam to jabba spec

gas flowed (ported,polished and matched) head, inlet,ehaust and throttle body elbow

Modified throttle body

Big valve head(larger exhaust valves)

rebuilt low miles bottom end

no cat & hand made SS 2 box system

oil cooler

Sachs sport clutch

R1 charger, heatshield and jetex induction kit

65mm toothed pulleys

Jabba custom chip

Chargecooler

Charger rebuilt by steve PSD

All the above I would estimate should give 180bhp, 185bhp at the most!!

I have spoken to Steve PSD and he agreed the figures seem a little high.

Though BHP on G40's can go up and up torque like this has not been seen before.. Torque on G40's with this spec will be at max 160 lbs/ft.

Sorry if this puts a downer on figures but I don't trust the results!!

Caios, you said PVW asked for comments, can you simply put down for mine

" No chance thats to high "

I intend to RR my car again next month to cheque all my suspisions and though I'd loved to be proved wrong I doubt it. :( :(

Rich H.

You need to try and pimp the forum a bit mate!

I keep meaning to email them to do a semi-feature about the site as they do often do a featured website every month!

Congrats on getting the RR day featured in the mag though! :)

Dont worry jim the rolling road day is, "the corrado-forum.net and Dubforce.net rolling road day" :wink:

I've now got all Henny's and Ben's photos from the day. Waiting on Elis (Scirocco) to get his film developed tomorrow, hope he has one of my car! :roll:

Anyone else want a chance to see some of there pictures in a magazine?? ( please have a good one of my car :( :( )

I dont know how 100% it is that the day wil be featured. But the more material that I can supply them with then surly the more likely they are to feature it. :D :D

Dont forget Need your results :!: :!:

Hell, get them to mention engine-bay.com too ;)

So they couldn't be arse to turn up, but they want your copyright free pictures for themselves do they :?

Hmmm... this raises politics issues! If you submit any images make sure it’s clear they are for use in this feature and this feature only otherwise they will have the rights to use 'em for anything. I agree with Campaign - for an enthusiast mag maybe their presence should be felt on days like this rather than just blagging a club for their own hard work!!!

erm... they dont have to feature it........ you dont want them to use your photos, dont bloody send em. obvious really. they dont need to go to everything. newspapers report on lots of things every day, and arent on every scene. they get photos sent, and phone for interviews etc. thats what a magazine does too. simple.

Fair enough.. any press is good press I guess and it's bloody good to get the forum and those assosiated with it in a mag!

I have though about what you are discussing. The point is I organised the rolling road day because of a love of Dubs not for any sort of gain. I made no money out of it and even paid exactly the same as everybody else to put my car on the rollers. I'm continuing this by providing PVW with as much as I can for there feature, free of charge. This would sound silly to any journalists out there. Nevertheless, I am doing this for the enjoyment of Dubs, having something I organised in a magazine, promotion of the associated forums, and to make the next rolling road day I organise even more successful! :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong I would love some money!! :lol: But its more important to get the event featured, than line my pockets. :lol: If the corrado-forum.net becomes better know things like booking club stands at shows wil become easyier, etc. 8) 8)

Did you get mt pictures Cai? Have you heard off pvw about when the feature will be?

I cant wait untill the next one, hopefully i'll have sold the mk2 and be in my mk3 vr by then. Maybe even a Corrado VR if its this time next year!!