Sign in to follow this  
pumbaa

G60/VR6 (280mm) brakes onto a 16v

Hi,

Im about to carry out a brake upgrade on my valver (gonna get some 280 action) and was wondering if anyone knew which braided brake hoses i need? I'm assuming a 6 line g60 kit but the list of kits is a bit confusing.

Surely the vr6 kit is the same as the vr6 and g60 share the same front and rear calipers?

There are some sets going cheap on ebay but im not sure they are appropriate. Some say only for pre 92 cars (which to me would include the g60) and some say for post 92 cars (which i would consider to encompass the vr6).

Any help in the form of description, photo or part number would be very very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kunaal

same kit as you'd fit to the 256mm 16v brake AFAIK

all you're doing is fitting slightly wider front disks/carriers, the 280 front calipers are basically the same as the 16v ones

Then by that reasoning shouldn't all corrado brake hoses be the same?

The VR6 and G60 brakes are essentially the same, just different disks, and if the 16v just has a smaller version of the G60 and needs the same hoses then all corrado's have the same hoses!

Im confused.com....