Sign in to follow this  
duffer

replacement dashboard speakers

does any one know what good quality speakers will fill in the top of a C dash? I'm in the proccess of really sorting my system out but not sure what will fit.

if you really want to sort out your system, the dont do speakers, fit components up front. tweeters in the dash and woofers in the door.

hth

:)

I have Focal Kevlar, a bit dear but unrivalled sound without distortion used with a good amp, tweeters mounted in dash grilles to give good high front staging.

Chris

tweeters are about 1 1/2" - 2 " accross, the whole is 4". they'll all fit....

best bet is to actually buy a component set tho, this will work better than a miss amtch of speakers, as compoonents are designed to work together and have specific crossovers to work properly.

I have Focal Kevlar, a bit dear but unrivalled sound without distortion used with a good amp, tweeters mounted in dash grilles to give good high front staging.

Chris

Yeah Focal are top quality.....got a bunch of 5 1/4" drivers to put in but haven't got round to it yet. The magnets are too big as they're shielded, so have to figure out some kind of door build. I had some big magnet speakers in a MK2 once and I used to get fine metallic particles sticking to the door skin.....

tweeters are about 1 1/2" - 2 " accross, the whole is 4". they'll all fit....

best bet is to actually buy a component set tho, this will work better than a miss amtch of speakers, as compoonents are designed to work together and have specific crossovers to work properly.

I agree in the main, however, in my CTR I had Kappa mids and x-overs and Alpine tweeters as they were smoother than the infinity's.

Worked better than the component set, but took me a long time to choose.

I probably would not bother agan and would stick to a set I liked from the off!

Pete, yeah, thats my point, you can swap stuff about, but chances are it wont be great. if you hit the nail on the head, then yeah, but it can be costly. like i said, best bet is to find a set you like from the off. no point getting a set, thinking they aint right then swapping bits, get a good set first. :)

I run Focals also. awesome speakers. polyglass V2's. so good, they had to complely redesign the kevlar range cause they werent worth the extra cash after these came out. never ever heard a bad review about them. take your time setting it up too.