Sign in to follow this  
yorkshireone

Massive overhaul - What would it cost?

What aircraft type would you like to end up in.................if you want time off try getting on any of the transport fleet as they are permanently on the ground :grin: :grin:. I chose the easy option and bought ready made, well sort of as I am now upgrading the upgrade :cuckoo:

I'm not in the know enough to know what throwing 10k at a corrado would produce but it it meant most important parts were new/refurbished/replaced and rust proofed... basically bought back close to leaving the factory along with any little mods you want to make along the way then I'd keep the corrado.

A newer car may have more gadgets, safety features and what not and the corrado I doubt could ever live up to that but if its the car you love above any other in the price bracket and £10k makes it as you want it, built to last, reliable as possible, for another 10 years then... go for it!

Do a pros and cons sheet. 2 columns. The ultimate decision tool!!

What aircraft type would you like to end up in.................if you want time off try getting on any of the transport fleet as they are permanently on the ground :grin: :grin:. I chose the easy option and bought ready made, well sort of as I am now upgrading the upgrade :cuckoo:

I think we all want to end up on Typhoon to be honest but I'll have to see how it goes!

A newer car may have more gadgets, safety features and what not and the corrado I doubt could ever live up to that

Nonsense, its got more tricks than a 10 dollar ho! you rarely need air con in the uk (esp in bonnie scotland) and some of the cars on here have allsorts thrown in to them. TT dashboard, porsche seats, big brakes, they already come with trip computer, heated seats, elec roof/mirrors/spoiler

I used to have an '01 Leon Cupra with newer electronics and safety features... piece of s*** used to cost me up to a grand a month to keep on the road!! They dont make them like the corrado often...

Agree, the Corrado is great for gadgets. Will be looking at fitting the VW sat nav unit in the future, so there's another feature bang up to date.

Couple this with performance, handling, character, styling, lack of depreciation etc why would I look at a new car.

My neighbour has bought an 09 reg Alfa 159, looks v nice but its been back to the dealers at least 3 times and is sick of the thing already. Told me he hates it. Its collected a parking dent as well so imagine how much money it will loose when it comes to selling time? I would rather spend 1 or 2 thousand a year on it than have a new car loosing £3-4k a year doing nothing to it.

Long live the Corrado, lets keep it our secret! Haha!

Due to a change in circumstances my car is now for sale. As such I am no longer in need of a Strut brace.

whats happened with the grand plans? :(