Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Fitting Trimsport rear strut brace..?

Just wandered out to the car armed with the Trimsport strut brace assuming it would be a quick 2 minutes with a spanner to fit, but noticed immediately that the supports for the parcel shelf support / rear speaker mounts seem to be in the way. What am I missing here - do I have to butcher those to fit the rear strut brace?!

IIRC correctly they do need to be trimmed, not a time consuming job but needs doing bit by bit

Hm. Didn't really wanna have to do that. Cheers, Andy.

I have a brand new polished rear brace going on Parts FS shortly for about 75 quid (just need to check what I paid).

I have an identical one already on my VR, which fitted straight on without the need for any trimming. I did need to grind the brace mounts slightly, but I think that was down to my car rather than the brace!

I might just get someone who knows what they're doing to fit it.. I've long since resigned myself that I'm crap with a spanner, and far better off behind a computer where I belong! :)

I have a brand new polished rear brace going on Parts FS shortly for about 75 quid (just need to check what I paid).

I have an identical one already on my VR, which fitted straight on without the need for any trimming. I did need to grind the brace mounts slightly, but I think that was down to my car rather than the brace!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but Anton if your selling a rear strut brace I'll have it off you for £75 along with some pictures first. Again sorry for the hijack.

OK, I'll get some pics taken. Better start a FS thread, I suppose.

£75 is just from memory, tho'. I'll have to dig out the invoice.