Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

New wheels or repair

Ok guys need a bit of advice....basically when my valver went in for her mot in december she failed on a distorted wheel and had advisories on the other 3 that they were slightly damaged (done by previous owner, not myself) and that 2 would also need new tyres, i found a place near me (Pristine outside Woburn) that could repair distorted wheels and so i got the worst one repaired for around £40 so at least i could get her an MOT. Apart from the distortion the alloys are in fairly good nick with minor scuffs and i think only one has been curbed etc...

My problem is now do i pay £120ish for the other 3 to get repaired and balanced, around £50-60 (minimum for 'value' tyres) for some new low profile tyres or do i buy some new ones...

Only thing is, will i get a newish set of 17" alloys with 4 good tyres for £200ish...

What do you think?

I think really it depends on what you'd prefer to do! I don't think there is any right or wrong answer! If you like the current wheels, get em refurbished - if you don't, get something else! :)

I think really it depends on what you'd prefer to do! I don't think there is any right or wrong answer! If you like the current wheels, get em refurbished - if you don't, get something else! :)

Damnit lol i guess ill see if anyone has got any wheels for sale then go from there i suppose...