Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

That is going to be one mean machine everyone form a queue for a shotgun ride in it :D

I'm after you Jon!

Say Greg - going to DG's barbecue on saturday?

Haha yeah Greg when are you coming up to the north west remember you saying you used to live or had family up here or something think its a bout time you paid a visit haha. Hope the car is all you expect it to be mate very very very FAST!!!

For those looking to fit the Racelogic Traction Control, the Laptop interface is rs232. If like me you have only USB com ports you will need a converter lead. I have found one that is only a few quid and also found software that will make it work. Took a while to do with Vista 32bit!! If you want info just pm me. Neil. Come on June, hurry up!! Stage one awaiting

It's a good bit of kit. Having fun burning out the last of my clutch before it's changed!! It just won't rain here at the mo :(

Wow that's really impressive! :clap:

Is this traction control designed to work with Motronic only or can it work for us R32 boys as well?

Is this traction control designed to work with Motronic only or can it work for us R32 boys as well?

Works with any management system mate. It tacks into the injector loom and alters the signal when slip is detected.

Shame your Motronic can't talk to your ABS as ME7 has TC built in.

Works with any management system mate. It tacks into the injector loom and alters the signal when slip is detected.

Shame your Motronic can't talk to your ABS as ME7 has TC built in.

Yeah 'tis a shame! So this could be put on my car then? Would be good for wet weather as mine just loves to spin, although to be fair the Kumhos on these Rotas do a cracking job in the wet unless provoked obviously!

Yeah 'tis a shame! So this could be put on my car then? Would be good for wet weather as mine just loves to spin, although to be fair the Kumhos on these Rotas do a cracking job in the wet unless provoked obviously!

So long as the R32 uses high impedance injectors (which I think it does as they're Bosch EV6 IIRC), then yep it can be used on your car! I'll have to get up to Stealth and try it on their demo car some time!

vince says misfire recognition has to be turned off in the ecu coding for the mk5 r32 engine.

mort

We now have the Racelogic Installed and working on Gregs Corrado

Somebody say something about a video? :lol:

Oh dear, I thought my bank balance was safe until now. Gregs car was looking real nice. Get some photos up with the ProRace 3's.

not looking bad from the screengrab i took from the video :salute:

PR3.jpg[/attachment:19cy90xf]

Sorry, I've been away on holiday.

So the car. It's excellent. It's very, very quick. We had some issues over boost spiking in 4th & 5th gear, so decided that electronic boost control would be better than mechanical. New controller has solved the problem. Also has nice tuneable parameters that allow the boost characteristics to be tailored to my needs. So, good smooth build, stable peak boost, reliable boost spike stop function, allowance for 'temporary' boost over shoot (nice). Made a Porsche 996 driver cry the other day down the A5, so happy with that!

Race Logic in my opinion is essential. The car is quite a handful with the system off. System is very subtle in operation. Launch Control is very effective but I still need to practise, as a little throttle modulation is still required to optimise launch. The video is basically me dumping the clutch and letting the traction control do all the work, which cut back engine power quite aggressively.

Someone asked for a picture of the car with the ProRace3’s – your wish is my command!

I love the car, I’ve even started taking it to work in lieu of my company car – for which the fuel is paid for!

As my dear old northern granddad used to say,

‘You don’t get owt for nowt!’,

it helps to remember this when on the forecourt of a Shell station filling it up with V Power (drive her hard and she turns into quite a drinker!)

Wheels are 7x17, ET35, Gloss Black.

Boost controller is a Vince recommended, Gizzmo MS-IBC, see link below:

http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/Product_MSIBC.html

Scared Sh*ttless about kerbing the wheels, silver wheels get silver scratches unfortunately so do black wheels!

Cheers for that. Looks like I'll save up for that as well as the TC and maybe a Stealth map once its up and running.

I had that Gizmo for a while. Tiny little thing, about the size of a fag packet, so easy to tuck away. Dead easy to use as well and well priced.

Fitting a larger wastegate (From Tial 38mm to Tial 44mm) solved my spiking, so I went back to manual control. I prefer the simple approach.

Had a good chat with Vince about the Racelogic and it's definitely next on my list!

I had that Gizmo for a while. Tiny little thing, about the size of a fag packet, so easy to tuck away. Dead easy to use as well and well priced.

Fitting a larger wastegate (From Tial 38mm to Tial 44mm) solved my spiking, so I went back to manual control. I prefer the simple approach.

Had a good chat with Vince about the Racelogic and it's definitely next on my list!

sorry if this is a silly question but i swear i remember reading that you are using a stand along management system, so does that not also have boost/wastegate control?

sorry if this is a silly question but i swear i remember reading that you are using a stand along management system, so does that not also have boost/wastegate control?

Correct mate, A DTA S80 :D It does indeed have Traction and boost control, but the TC only works from digital wheel speed sensors, and the Corrado's are inductive. Racelogic's system connects to the factory ABS sensors for a much simpler install. As it's a daily car, I'd rather tap into the items that are known reliable, such as the ABS sensors. Digital sensors can suffer from noise, which will affect the TC's performance.

Correct mate, A DTA S80 :D It does indeed have Traction and boost control, but the TC only works from digital wheel speed sensors, and the Corrado's are inductive. Racelogic's system connects to the factory ABS sensors for a much simpler install. As it's a daily car, I'd rather tap into the items that are known reliable, such as the ABS sensors. Digital sensors can suffer from noise, which will affect the TC's performance.

Don't DTA sell an interface? I'd be surprised if something isn't out there already that will do just the job you need to use your standalone for traction control, or does the race logic have much better control I.e. adjustable slip etc.

On this subject, anyone know what the TC's like on the R32 management as it was brutal on my Astra G and I'm fairly sure that was Bosch management.

Don't DTA sell an interface? I'd be surprised if something isn't out there already that will do just the job you need to use your standalone for traction control, or does the race logic have much better control I.e. adjustable slip etc.

No real demand. Four GT101 hall sensors only cost £70, plus some brackets and you've got your wheel speed sensing done :D. Normal place for the driven wheels is a bracket on the gearbox with a 101 counting the flange bolt heads. Apparently for the rear wheels, people use a bracket on the trailing arm somewhere counting wheel bolts or something :shrug: I don't fancy that method anyway. It's a bit 'scruffy'!

You can get Digital to inductive converter circuits, but apparently the resolution at lower wheel speeds suffers, and they would be another link an ever growing chain of control systems that could break.

Inductive sensors are more reliable and less susceptible to electrical noise, but they cost upwards of 3 times a standard GT101 type digital sensor, which is probably why most standalone makes don't bother with inductive wheel speed sensing. More complext and expensive internal circuitry required too.

Yes, the DTA has adjustable slip via a dashboard knob and I think it does it via ignition retard first, then ignition cut. As I run a cat converter, the latter method is not a good idea!

It may seem wasteful using RL's box if my existing box can do it, but I just prefer the way the RL works and from what I've seen of the software, it's a lot easier to configure than the DTA too.

On this subject, anyone know what the TC's like on the R32 management as it was brutal on my Astra G and I'm fairly sure that was Bosch management.

Barely gets used :D The 4WD traction is immense! If the ME7 TC on that is anything like it is on our Polo GTI, then it's actually pretty good. Quite leniant in the dry and gets progressively more aggressive the more you push it. I don't know what order it does things in, but from the driver's seat it feels like ignition retard first, then throttle closure and / or ABS intervention on the spinning wheel / s.

?????

That post makes my car knowledge feel very feeble and inadequate.

:(

:salute: