delfinis38

Rear VW badge....

I have a new one and some blue clips.... any tips for the removal of the old without damaging it.....

I'm guessing once removed the old blue clips just fall inside and i need to catch them...

Assume new clips are pressed in from the outside of the car because i can't see any way of putting them on blind from the inside of the boot.

Hi mate

did you buy that from a supplier, if so, can you tell me where??

Thanks

Phil

Yes it was bought from a VW dealer in the UK in C.2001.... I knew I bought one 10 years ago but only just found it !

Hi mate

Thanks

Phil

Yes it was bought from a VW dealer in the UK in C.2001.... I knew I bought one 10 years ago but only just found it !

:lol: Quality hoarding matey,was gonna ask the same too as i thought they were obsolete.

Just pull it towards you to remove

Hi mate

Thanks

Phil

:lol: Quality hoarding matey,was gonna ask the same too as i thought they were obsolete.

Just pull it towards you to remove

Assume only a pull with the finger required to break the blue clips ... no screwdriver needed....

Correct mate although a small bladed one may help it get started if it hasn't been moved for years.

I pop mine off every time i wash it to get rid of water behind it, Yeah i know sad :camp:

thanks KIP.... will give it ago later it's the origional, never been removed (well i haven't in my ownership since 1997). It's just rather grey where I've washed the car too much :D

If the blue clips stay on the car, but are damaged, push them out from the inside with a screwdriver handle or similar.

If anyone needs some of the blue grommets for fixing the rear VW badge let me know before Friday - just ordered 4 from the dealer but they come in a pack of 20! Cost price of £0.71 each plus postage if it saves anyone a trip to their dealers!

Just resurrecting this post to ask a question.... Does the rear boot VW badge just pop off or is it glued..... How do you 'refit a new one. I have a new one complete with the blue clips.. Does it just push in or does in need to be glued in some way.... If so how.... Thanks

It just pops off and the 2 blue things go in the 2 holes on the boot and then the badge just pushes into them with its 2 rear tabs.

And just pops back on? May sound a silly question but surprised anything can be as simple as that on the car... Lol

Awesome..... Thanks

just pull badge off with fingers, push the grommets through into the boot.... polish recess... add new grommets then push new badge in simple.

Edited by delfinis38

I managed to get mine from eBay ... Thought it was a good used one i was buying but ended up being new sealed in bag.... Did cost £47 mind