emu

Emu's Corrado - THE END

Gutted for you buddy, I would without a doubt go straight through insurance if you have his name, address & reg number that is all you need. the insurance company will do the rest, why should you have to mess around for other peoples pathetic responsibilities.

You may even be able to negotiate a little front end respray with the guys that do the work!

yeah if he's not had the decency to stop then f**k him.. if he'd knocked on the door been apologetic and offered cash there and then it would be different.

sorry to hear about the bad luck bud.. hope it doesnt come in threes!

Bear in mind that even a non fault accident can cause your insurance to rise the next year. But if your other neighbour is will willing to support you with a witness statement then I would go through insurance out of principle to drive up the inconsiderate gits insurance massively. We all have accidents occasionally but to deliberately drive off is bang out of order.

I would without a doubt go straight through insurance if you have his name, address & reg number that is all you need. the insurance company will do the rest, why should you have to mess around for other peoples pathetic responsibilities.

Yes, normally I will but its all about safety. It's a bunch ow low lives living around and if I will do this I can except that more damage will be made to my car by them. Guy is already paying 2,5 grand insurance for his car and if I will do this his insurance will go up the sky, so..... For my personal peace I will try to sort it out without insurance as don't really like any more damage to be made to my car in revenge.

Read this yesterday and couldn't comment as it made me so bloody angry :bad-words: :censored:

Report the first lot of damage to the council, if the stuff on your car is being used for council related works, then they should be able to trace what it is and who is using it, they will have public liability insurance that you can claim from.

The second incident as you say would be better sorted without going through insurance if possible, as said above, if you report it, it will affect your premium next year also, I know as I stupidly reported a non fault incident last year, nobody claimed for anything as it was a knock for knock, this year all 4 of my policies increased :bad-words:

Good luck with whatever you decide mate

Edited by BILLCOR

Bill out of curiosity how much did they go up?

Between £40-60 each, just short of £200 for all 4, I've never had a claim in my life, Ar$eholes, I've told them all that I will never report a non claim accident again, I was told this was against the law! surely hammering your premiums up for bugger all is also criminal :bad-words:

Rant over :silent:

Agree mate, i'm secretly dreading renewal time due to the Nugget incident, insuring 3 cars too. although the premiums ae reasonably low I'd like to tink thats my reward for being a good driver. :)

Between £40-60 each, just short of £200 for all 4, I've never had a claim in my life, Ar$eholes, I've told them all that I will never report a non claim accident again, I was told this was against the law! surely hammering your premiums up for bugger all is also criminal :bad-words:

Rant over :silent:

Had a second thoughts about all situation. No matter what I do it cost me money. I'm hoping that boy is going to pay, even 25 quid a week and will sort it out myself. Found another door in matching color for around 60 quid including petrol for TDI to pick them up. Just waiting for pictures from seller to see in what condition they really are. Will try to pull the dent myself anyway as done it before, not that big but will see.

Even if I have to pay from my own pocket it will be less than 100 quid. I'm using two cars and if my premium goes up I will have to pay the money anyway.

Hoping he will pay

Like Bill, I read this yesterday but was so cross that I decided not to post then. Lack of respect for other people's property is guaranteed to wind me up every time. That coupled with a lack of responsibility for their actions leaves me absolutely fuming. Really hope you get all this sorted and that you don't end up out of pocket. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dent nearly removed by suction pad.

Went to two body shops today and both said that dent won't come out and quotes were 650 and 900 quid to fix it. Seen the guy who did the damage and then we pop up to some small body shop down the road and 15 seconds later doors looks much better. Still small visible dent but for the peace with local low lives I can live with that. Will try to fix it anyway when my tools arrive.

dentfix.jpg

dentfix1.jpg

Now have to sort out my windscreen after 8 years old boy decided to jump on it couple of months ago. 50 quid windscreen excess and will do this from my insurance.

windsceencrack.jpg

windsceencrack1.jpg

Took it for a spin today and jet wash after winter hibernation. Interior is almost completed, still needs few bits to fit and some cleaning.

All lights were changed as well.

Rear strut brace fitted, improved handling on corners a lot.

firstrun1.jpg

firstrun2.jpg

firstrun.jpg

firstrun3.jpg

Looking good, I bet someone who does paintless dent removal would get rid of that for less then £100.

Finished my rear speakers yesterday and finally fitted parcel shelve.

Soldered oem plugs to alpine speakers

Before

rearspeaker.jpg

After

rearspeakeroem.jpg

Got a day off today together with my GF and she really wasn't happy about corrado parts laying almost evrywhere in our flat so she decided to empty one wardrobe in our spare room and made me to put all parts in one place, well almost all, there wasn't enough room for everything.

coradospares.jpg

love it :D

I think most of us have a collection similar to that for lifes little emergencies.

You are now a proud owner of a 'man cupboard'.

I think it's only fair and square, that couples share the storage capasity they have. I use a room in the basement and the garage for Corrado and Laverda parts.

Since you are not married to Imelda Marcos, you don't have to fear 3000 pairs of shoes ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

After a week in windscreen fitters finally get my car back home. They had plenty of problems to fit my new windscreen. Basically trims they were getting from supplier wasn't fitting properly and the seal going around whole windscreen was coming out all the time. All sorted now and finally have shiny and not cracked windscreen. Suppose to go on my MOT 2 hours after but mot guy called sick and my mot was moved on Monday morning. I'm not expecting any problems as from the last mot I've done around 900 miles only.

MOT done, another year on the road. Only one small advisory, slight play in N/S rear wheel bearing which I'm going to replace anyway in near future.

Recently Fitted DDI dials + chrome surrounds + red LCD inverters. All looks much better than standard ones.

ddi01.jpg

ddi02.jpg

Best way to fit aluminium rings is a glue gun

ddi03.jpg

ddi04.jpg

And final effect

ddi05.jpg

ddi06.jpg

Edited by emu

Been 5 months since poor car was parked outside my flat. In that time I got many new hings on it, 2 dents, few scratches and lots of dirt :( I've almost made my mind about breaking it on parts and getting myself something else but... Started it today as one of the bolts holding turbo in my daily passat decided to snap off and now have a lot of fumes getting out of the bonnet. It will be a quiet big job as have to take whole turbo of the car, and fix new stud in so....

Corrado back on the road. Fully charged battery and it started straight away. Everything works as should, drove it for 15 miles and smile back on my face. Just can't brake it, it's safe so far and will have a good clean tomorrow.

I will keep it as a spare and fun car till end of the year, then is going to garage for hibernation and will decide what to do next summer.

Hiya mate,

Was just wondering - did your MPH and Rev counter gauges both come with the little tab to keep the needle in place? Mind didn't...

Hiya mate,

Was just wondering - did your MPH and Rev counter gauges both come with the little tab to keep the needle in place? Mind didn't...

Do you mean the small needles ?? I need to make holes in gauges to fit them over it.

very nice car !!! i live in aberdeen also and have seen your name on eastside vw, i just bought myself one of these in the same color as well !!! smart car you have