Sign in to follow this  
MikLSP

Opinions On Corrados For Sale Elsewhere

@ Butterfly

Perhaps the CCGB Chairman reference is to you?

Most probably though the info isn't quite right. I'm Treasurer :D

But (if it is my old one) the current owner is not the person I sold it to. I heard that guy sold it on quite quickly saying he had a change of mind with his plans for what he had wanted the car for.

I think the current owner is the one my buyer sold it to. But I base that on knowing the car went to the Harewood 2008 show which is localish to Co Durham.

Sorry if this is owned by anyone on here but...... :pukeright:

And the front bumper doesn't exactly look like "show car" standard to me :confused4:

Sorry if this is owned by anyone on here but...... :pukeright:

And the front bumper doesn't exactly look like "show car" standard to me :confused4:

Quite the critic aren't we? :tongue:

Only in context :tongue:

If it's billed as a show car it shouldn't have a scratched bumper imho and the paintwork is really down to personal preference.

hi guys i went to view and buy this today - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT it was up for sale at £999 ono and we ended up agreeing on £900

so this morning i traveled 200+ miles with a trailer to pick it up only to get there and find out that the car was nothing like as described on the ad or what he told me on the phone

he said it had a mis-fire but it also had a loud knocking from the top end( not the rattle from the chains either)

there were random untidy wires in the engine bay leading to a fan over ride switch

the fog lights were both cracked

the headlights were full of dirt inside

a big deep scratch in the front bumper

now i was very prepared to buy the car as i have everything to replace these in my garage but the guys attitude towards the sale of the car was unreal

the car was unwashed and full of green mold (he knew i was collecting the car 3 weeks ago and still let the auction carry on!even after i gave a deposit)

he was very reluctant to start the car up,saying that there is no coolent in the system because of a big hole in the rad(that we couldnt find or he point out)

told me that i came to buy the car and not pick at its faults( am i wrong in doing this?)

i am sorry if the car belongs to anyone on here, i am not trying to put anyone off buying the car i am just trying to give people a realistic view of what work is involved if they buy it, the shell is very solid but if your going to view it please take someone along with u who knows what there looking out for if u dont

btw i would have givin u £800 for it as u have stated in your new advert if you would have said

thanks dave

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm very dubious about bidding on ebay cars without seeing them first.

Did you manage to get your deposit back?

Thanks for the heads up, seems like one to avoid unless you want a complete project. I always think if a seller can't even be bothered to clean a car for a viewing what does that say about how they have maintained it!

Secondly I recently viewed this Corrado in Liverpool and learnt that I should ask more questions before going to look.

Good Points:

Engine bay looked decent

No timing chain rattle

Seller honestly answered all questions when I was there (shame he didn't mention the following in the ad or on the phone)

Bad points:

Huge gouge down to the metal along the NS door which is also dented in for at least half it's length

Missing paint and rust on NSR arch

Inverted dent in the bonnet as though it was slammed shut on something

Front bumper needs respray

Cracked grille

Cracked rear numberplate surround

Window rubbers coming away

ABS light stayed on

Heard a clunk from gearbox when restarting the engine!

To be honest it was immediately apparent that this car needed plenty of work so I didn't check the rest of the car over that thoroughly but I hope that gives an idea of what to expect if you're considering taking a look at this one.

Cheers,

Mik

a wee bit of Corrado history that one

times and owners haven't been kind for that one :(

robbed of its black leather recaro interior and replaced with an early cloth interior

This is my old car!!!!!! - I bought in Oct 07 and sold feb 09. I did a lot of work to it (mainly suspension and niggles) and the PO to me did lots of engine work (replaced chains and tensioner etc). It just needed cosmetically tidying a bit when I sold it.

PM me for more if anyone is interested in buying it.

he said it had a mis-fire but it also had a loud knocking from the top end( not the rattle from the chains either)

I had an injector stick open causing a missfire on one of my VR6s. The engine made a loud knocking noise as you describe (must have been the petrol causing bore wash and causing piston slap? it was a pretty scary noise to be honest and I thought the worst).

Once I replaced the injector it was as smooth as silk!

Nice car. Shocking price (or is it worth it for such low mileage?):

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1561263.htm

Full respray on a car with that mileage. That would put me off.

It says partial respray ???? even i have a few stone chips on my bonnet !

I agree about the respray would rather look at a few bumps and bangs, makes it look like a genuine car

the interior looks mint...

I like the price tag ! you guys should be encoraging it, keeps the value of your motors up too !

I think a full respray apart from the roof seems a little excessive to just get rid of stone chips but it's certainly not beyond the realms of what some folk are prepared to do to have an immaculate car. The interior certainly looks mint and supports the low mileage and if the history is genuine too then it just comes down to speaking to the seller about why it was resprayed.

As for the price, it seems pretty astronomical but I don't really know how to value it according to the low miles. As with any car, it's worth as much as someone is prepared to pay.

its a touch high for those miles but the wheels are expensive and a good respray is too, so on balance it seems pretty fair and cheap if the engine has had work too.