Sign in to follow this  
mr lobitos

running probelms

hiya,first post so please be understanding!purchased first vr6 about a year ago after working way through vw range to the summit(hope saying right things here).she's aqua blue sitting on 17"SSW mesh 2(will post pics soon).anyway ,probelm is fitted BMC CDA at weekend ,removed cc.she pulls like a train when cold but when warm loses top end power !!! any ideas thanks

try unplugging the maf and batt pos,leave for a min hook up the pos and try to start, it wont run, then plug the maf back in and try that mate :D

thank you phat boy so far so good only travelled couple of miles from work.my cici has got her mojo back(fingers crossed) :clap: :salute: :salute: :salute:

took cici out last night now seems to be erractic around town.tried what phat boy suggested again this time she ran with maf unplugged!no signs of any split hoses,could maf be us!anybody got ideas!!!cheers

Should die when you unplug the maf. Sounds like the maf is knackered. Before you change it though, just check the wiring and clean the contacts on the maf connection/plug.

got in cici to go out tonight,took at least five times to start ,would fire then just die suddenly,finally got her started went out and about ran fine,got home turned off then tried to start ,fired up ok.would love to put on vagcom but no garages in this area have that facility.recently had crank position sensor,plugs ,lead and relay 109(i think).any ideas oh great ones :grin:

after a few months trouble free and enjoyable motoring,my starting probelms reared its ugly head again yesterday.car turning over lovely,took three or four turns to start then a series of pops,then took few seconds to build up revs,then run lovely ??? crank shaft position changed last year ,could it have gone again so quickly ,guidance needed

Ignition switch might be cause of trouble.

I had such a trouble with mine - seemed to start easier if one made the turn of ignition switch in "one" movement (from left/right), but will need resorting anyway- IE replaced. From your symptoms it seem to be exactly the same probs I had actually.

Also if you suspect the MAF you might want to clean it with some start gas - take it out and poor start gas over it from both sides, let it vaporise off, before re-installing it.

My 2 cent is on the ignition switch though...:)

thanks for advice,is there anyway of testing that(after reading "worst jobs to do on a c" post)don't fancy changing it just for the sake of it.also upon further inspection plug to blue sender wasn't clipped on properly,must of disturbed when fitting rad,fingers crossed running sweet atm,or am i being lulled into a false sense of security by the dreaded C !!!

If you have a spare ignition switch (the whole assembly) you could just unplug the wire that goes into the switch and try a new one directly on it.

It realy isn't that bad - I ran into trouble cause 2 of the bolts holding the switch assembly have been purposly rounded of from VW. the rest of the job is quite quick to do. (you don't nesecerally have these rounded of bolts...:) If you don't have a "tilt" stearing, you will only have 1 bolt anyway :)