Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

Removeing Front Seats

Iam planning takeing my fron seats out to change my interior, i have had a quick look this afternnon but can't figure out how to remove the seats from the runners? any advice would be great

cheers

Paul

Been a while since I've been doing this, but from my memory you have to push them all the way back, then you'll see a bolt/nut underneath the front of the seat.

Undo that one, and then you can push the seat further back, and it's out..

MIght be that some plastic pieces have to be removed on the seat runner on the back of the seat, can't really remember.. :(

10mm bolt as Wormy says.

Be careful when sliding the seats back when the bolt is undone. The runners will have grease and dirt on them and this can mark your carpet. Not so bad if the carpets black but not so good if It's a light colour.

i'm really quick at doing mine now :lol:

-put seat as far forward as it goes, to remove the trim in rear footwell, push it towards rear of car and pull up.

-put seat most of way back, undo 10mm bolt at front centre of seats (just a nut and bolt to act as a stop)

-then you push seat back and out of runners.

remember to unplug any wiring if your seats are heated/powered

For anybody who is worried about getting the carpets dirty on removal and re fitting thier seats DONT!! Just get some autoglym tar and glue remover a clean micro fibre cloth dab a small amont onto cloth small light circular motions and it will take all marks away it works perfect for me and I have had both grey and mow beige carpets

it doesnot effect the carpet in anyway try it!

Cheers

and you would also be amazed at what a baby wipe can do. truckers favorite for getting the 5th wheel grease out of door cards/clothing/hands etc

Thought I dropped a memory stick under the drivers seat but couldn't see it so thought I would remove the seat using these tips. It was pretty easy but a plastic guide on the but of the runner by the drivers door kept on coming off when putting the seat back in. The memory stick wasn't there in the end :mad2: but wanted to try this anyway as I am planning on treating my seats with the furniture clinic stuff. What kind of grease is best to use on the runners anyway? Mine are a bit gritty now and want to clean them and recoat them.

ok .. really stupid question here...but..

can i swap my driver seat with my passenger seat (and yes i know the handles to tilt the seat forward will be on the wrong side as well as the seatbelt recepticle)

TIA

H

only took seats out once (today) but I don't think it will work as the runners are different on each side. Maybe someone knows differently but I'd say no.