VWVW

Calling VW Corrado Storm owners !

Hi All

After many years of wanting a corrado I ve finally taken the plunge and got myself one!!! These car are an amazing drive and the sound is awesome on full throttle.

Just wondered how many corrado storm owners are in this forum. I'll start the thread with mine.

There are many Storm owners on here! Probably more VR6 Storms than there are G60's now!

Would be interesting to start a register by the VIN. See how close to 500 we can get!

I'm keeping a record by registration number, miles, sale price (when I see them come up) and colour.

An entirely pointless thing to do (akin to train spotting I suppose :cuckoo: ) but I've started so I'll have to finish :wink: - up to c160 so far or 32% coverage in about 3 years.

I'm keeping a record by registration number, miles, sale price (when I see them come up) and colour.

An entirely pointless thing to do (akin to train spotting I suppose :cuckoo: ) but I've started so I'll have to finish :wink: - up to c160 so far or 32% coverage in about 3 years.

:nuts: :notworthy:

Would be interesting to see if you don't mind posting up? We could keep track of it in a thread and ask people to contribute based on cars they know/have seen. Obviously it would have to be solid info rather than just 'a friend of a friend I know down the pub has heard of a Storm with x miles on it'.

:nuts: :notworthy:

Would be interesting to see if you don't mind posting up? We could keep track of it in a thread and ask people to contribute based on cars they know/have seen. Obviously it would have to be solid info rather than just 'a friend of a friend I know down the pub has heard of a Storm with x miles on it'.

Will do but need to update the master spreadsheet first. They are all perfectly solid spots though - either at shows, on here, Piston heads, autotrader etc. If I had time to kill, which I never seem to have, I could chart price by year and correlate to miles - another pointless exercise :nuts: Might do that as an article for the Sprinter maybe?

Might do that an article for the Sprinter?

It'd be good... not exactly snowed in by articles mate, despite my begging attempts over the last few years!

It would be nice to know how many of the 500 storms thats out in the UK still exist. You could have a separate list for storms that are non UK.

I ve read that genuine storms will have the chassis number of SK002 or SK003 within the chasiss number itself

Hi Vaughan

Have you got details of the Mystic that was sat at Stealth for a year or so a littlw while back?

Apparently an American bought it very cheap off eBay and wanted to export to USA... but never did.

There are 504 "Storms".

250 Mystic Blue, 250 Classic Green, you all know the story on those genuine articles, 10 Autos and 240 manual of each.

Plus 4 Classic Green fakes, manual gearboxes.

And..... 4 more Classic Greens in the right chassis number range that could be made to look like a Storm model.

Hi Vaughan

Have you got details of the Mystic that was sat at Stealth for a year or so a littlw while back?

Apparently an American bought it very cheap off eBay and wanted to export to USA... but never did.

Hi Judith,

No I don't have that one - don't think it was there when I had some work done.

Sounds like a good plan, are you recording known broken and scrapped cars too

Could do - if anybody has details. Have not come across one in the last 3 years though.

I know one of fake Storm - very fast one :wink:

:salute:

One Green Storm not on UK soil reporting for duty!

Bought in Ipswish, from original owner. Will dig out the VIN etc.

Also a Mystic blue Storm I've spotted a few times over here. Again, you can never be sure if it's real deal - and I've not met the gentleman so....

However, if there's any Irish owners out there, there's a meet up in Carrickmines in Dublin first Sunday of every month. Perhaps we'll get some C's up there :shrug:

VWVW - don't forget to start a members gallery thread with some piccies. We can then see what it looks like. I wouldn't say Storms are the rarest though since as Jim said earlier I reckon G60's are fewer in number.

My view of the 'Storms are not that rare anymore' debate is that I recon Storms were more likely to have been bought by someone with a view to holding on to it as a 'special' car. Hence they may of had a little more tlc over the years.

Plus as a percentage of Corrado owners I'm guessing those with a Storm are more likely to be 'into' the car and therefore turn up on here or CCGB, Vw shows and other 'interested in cars' areas.

But... I'll blow all that out of the water by saying I bought my first Storm (Feb 1997) without any idea of what the Storm badge meant, drove it as a daily for 8 years and didn't know VW shows existed until 2005! :cuckoo:

by Bullfinch » Today, 1:07 pm

VWVW - don't forget to start a members gallery thread with some piccies. We can then see what it looks like. I wouldn't say Storms are the rarest though since as Jim said earlier I reckon G60's are fewer in number.

Hi Bullfinch. I will post a picture up as soon as the whether is good and I've give it a proper wax on wax off :) Its exactly like yours in fact :) I know the storm are not that rare. They are just run out editions of VR6 corrado with added badges. You can get a corrado VR6 up to "storm spec."if not "better spec." I think The VR6 Campaign model are the rarest corrado (not too keen on the red interior though). When I bought mine I was in the market for just a VR6 then a storm came up that was too good to pass with addded mods that took my fancy. You probably seen the one that was advertised here with the fancy VR6 reg.

RW1 - did you used to own the registration VRS1X I noticed the pic on your avatar.

Butterfly - I think weve already "met" from the CCGB forum. Remeber the accounts issue. Glad youve resolved the mystery :)

I ve read that genuine storms will have the chassis number of SK002 or SK003 within the chasiss number itself

Not heard that but mine does have SK0002 in the chassis number

Must get some piccies up of mine sometime, but apart from driving it back home, it hasnt been on the road yet .. busy sorting ut everything

So far:

removed all cr4ppy stereo wiring and nasty old unit and fited an Alpine setup (all looking O.E and buried)

Changed pretty much the whole drive train and suspensions mounts including

Top mounts, ARB links, bottom ball joints, CV joints (both sides) Bearings, etc, etc .. set me back over £400 on bits alone ...

Also new air box, full interior shampoo including removing complete interior (need the 2 front seats re connoilising)

Full service, including new oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, NGK plugs and leads

Fixed seat issues (wrong fold handle, no passenger backrest adjuster)

Next : Water pump (not gone, but changing for the hell of it (I hear they're prone to go)

Gearbox engine mount (its leaking)

Check out existing suspension when its running properley (Jamex coil overs) if they're as bad as expected get some KW's

Wheels to go on (got them alrady) Nice forged BBS jobbies that look very o.e but are 17 .. yippee (only weigh 7.6k)

Rear arch needs sorting (only minor)

2 new headlights to go on (already purchased)

Fit new 288's (picking up this week, ful set of Fabia VRS front and rear !!!)

Fit VSR (already purchased)

Fit air con (Already purchased)

Chnage horrible badgeless grill for original

Change exhaust (which one???)

Track down beige electric Recaros, beige handbrake cover

Re furb rear axle (as per front)

And I've only had it a month .. lol

By the way, if its a Storm it'll be registered at VW on their computer as one , dont know anything about chassis numbers

Butterfly - I think weve already "met" from the CCGB formum. Remeber the accounts issue. Glad youve resolved the mystery :)

Ah, hello again. Another different name :)

I've just checked your registration details as I was surprised I had not put two and two together to realise you are the new owner of VRS 1X but know why..... you didn't register any car detail ... sneaky 8)

There are many Storm owners on here! Probably more VR6 Storms than there are G60's now!

Purely out of interest, can I ask what the train of thought is here? How many G60's were sold then? I see more G60's around where I live than anything else. Might be coincidence though; any significance to the presumed low G60 count?

by vornwend

VWVW wrote:

In fact the information was from an old sprinter magazine dated November 2000 issue number 17, Page 13 entitled "The perfect Storm" written by Steve Auty. I have a stack of sprinter mags from the original owner and now it has been passed down to me also.

Have you accidentally added an extra nought on the chassis on your typo

Ah, hello again. Another different name

Yeah...Sorry Judith was not intentional :) Hadnt thought of it when I was signing up to make things consistent. Its confusing me at times too !!!

by vornwend

VWVW wrote:

In fact the information was from an old sprinter magazine dated November 2000 issue number 17, Page 13 entitled "The perfect Storm" written by Steve Auty. I have a stack of sprinter mags from the original owner and now it has been passed down to me also.

Ah yes, I'm the researcher who put all that info together as the original Tech-Know File - 19th January 1999. :wink:

RW1 - did you used to own the registration VRS1X I noticed the pic on your avatar.

Yes, way back in 1996 -1997. Thats when the Avatar picture was taken. The plates are still in the boot at the mo.