Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Both reverse lights not working - new bulbs used

Was reversing and a mate in his car said my reverse lights (both of them) are not working, so i thought simple, change bulbs. Bought new bulbs, fitted them but still they dont work so I'm thinking obviously more than just a bulb?

Anyone point me in the right direction? Could it be a fuse? If so which fuse? And how would I access this certain fuse? (Never had to access the fusebox so really havent a clue where it is).

I havent noticed anything else out of the ordinary, if that helps at all?

Hi,

I had this problem a few weeks back, turned out to be a worn connector that had come loose in the engine bay.

All that i needed to do was re-attach it and add a little tape to ensure it doesnt happen again!

Worth visually checking all connectors if the fuse has not blown. Fuse box diagram should be in the Corrado Manual that came with the car if you have it?

Regards

I dont have the manual with me, its in Dundee, I'm in Aberdeen so no ready access to that for the moment, was hoping someone may be able to help me out with that?

yes, worth checking the switch on gearbox (if they have one)

Switch on gearbox? Not following you mate?

there's a 2-pin connector on the top of teh gearbox, which plugs into a black plastic 'box', if you like. Just check that the connecor is ok. If it is, then have a look at the plastic connector - basically there is a cam on the top of the gear selector which just completes the circuit inside this box. The contact make have become dirty, but is just a ball on a spring. A big box for such a small switch! HTH Dont know which fuse it is, sorry :(

Right, dont have access to the Corrado manual.

Anyone able to tell me which it is?

And where the fusebox is locating, (no laughing, I've never had to know so really haven't a clue where it is)

The fuse no. should be written on the fuse box cover.

The connector for the wiring is on a black plastic box on top of the gear shifter, where the shift cables attach to the gearbox. I have this problem on and off, and I think it's a loose wire in the bootlid in my case.

fusebox is under the steering wheel directly below the manual switch for the spoiler you should find two clips which you need to remove then the right hand side under tray should pull off

Ok, checked the fuse and not a problem. Checked connector beside the gear selector and from what i could tell it seems to be fine.

I'm not sure about this other box which I need to check where the circuit is completed though?

Can someone please post up pics of what I need to check?

Hello, if possible just remove the connector from the reverse light switch and bridge accross it with a wire ( with ignition on) if its just a faulty switch then the lights should come on.

Rob

Is there any way someone can post a picture of this connector in the engine bay please? I'm not the most technically minded, I might end up looking up something totally different...

Hi,i had this problem also and it turned out to be the ball type thing inside the housing as mentioned above.They tend to wear or get a bit crap in them so i cleaned it to make sure it was making a good connection and hey presto...it worked again.Im sorry i dont have any pics but if you look on the side of the engine where the gear shift goes it is a small black plastic housing(was on mine anyway) it has a spring with a ball connector inside which makes contact when you select reverse thus completing the circuit for the reverse lights.Its easy to take to bits and clean. :D

Ther you go mate,hope this helps.I got this pic from another forum,its not mine.Hope they dont mind me borrowing it :p

"The reverse light switch sits in a black plastic housing that is mounted to the top of the selector shaft assembly on the top of the transmission."02A_Rev_Switch.jpg[/attachment:37dp5xpc]

hi, just been following the instructions as shown in the picture above to try and solve the no reversing light problem. i've located the area that the rectangular plug appears to plug into but on the black plastic cylindrical unit there is only a circular connector hole. is there a part missing inbetween the plug and the unit? it suggests in the picture that there may be?

cheers,

Max