Sign in to follow this  
sprayteck

Poor fueling.

Hi, having an issue with my g60, the car runs fine and dandy when there is plenty of fuel in the tank, but once it drops below 1/4 of a tank it starts to starve itself of fuel and miss when i go anywhere above half throttle, if i stay gentle and just plod around i can run the car into the red on the guage. therefor hopefully eliminating a dodgy fuel guage. has anyone ever had this prob and if so heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllp lol.

thanks again. si

Check the condition of the fuel pick up. If there is a split somewhere up the pipe it would only become apparent when the fuel level drops.

What year is it - if it's an early G60 with the 2 seperate pumps then it's maybe a failing lift pump.

Either way I'd try a new lift pump and fuel filter, if it's a late car then you will need to replace the whole pump assembly and also the fuel sender unit as the pump has changed.

Thanks guys, its a 92. im presuming that the lift pump is in the tank? I have found a poxy plastic fuel filter at the back of the engine, is this the genuine one? Take it that i am blind guys as regards the corrado ive been in the land of the turbo rice burners for 15 years, ask me anything about them and we are set, but ze german stuff im rusty as hell with. the mechanical side im fine and can do, just need pointing in the right direction.

thanks again, si.