Sign in to follow this  
Scott-mk3

TAG the Nugget Rado

Thought id post up a few pics of me now owning the rado which a few of you seem to know.

Gave it a full on cleaning session at the weekend for the first time after getting it. Fitted my momo steering wheel,Audi tt pedals(still need accelerator one) and my Alpine stereo.

Clay bar'd the full car,dont think it had been done before the amount of tar that came off.

Treated it with p21s paintwork cleanser

didnt really need a polish so straight onto p21s concours wax after that.

Took all the wheels off and got under the arches cleaned and treated. Coilovers came up like new.

Cleaned wheels inside and out off the car.

Gave engine bay a quick clean but not worrying about in there as it will be coming out in next few months to fit a 20vt :wink:

Heres some pics anyways:

2.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

And heres what i previously had before the rado:

DSC_1895.jpg

Nice, i am a big fan of that yellow corrado colour, almost bought one before mine! Very indvidual.

Cheers mate,was something differnt from what i usually go for but the power just isnt what im used to so engine is getting whapped out for sure.

love it mate, good choice in wheels too :clap:

seconded! :p lol

very nice mate. very good photo skills aswell i may add!

lovely, the colour in the bottom exterior picture is amazing! I've never seen a nugget in the flesh, are they hard to photograph or is that last pic enhanced?

any other plans apart from the new engine?

If they're clean enough, they can look like that - Andy665's nugget Corrado used to be a lovely deep shade of yellow.

Looks superb - really nice on the Schmidts :)

lovely, the colour in the bottom exterior picture is amazing! I've never seen a nugget in the flesh, are they hard to photograph or is that last pic enhanced?

any other plans apart from the new engine?

Eh well im needing to roll the rear arches in the next few weeks.Plans were to do it last weekend but couldnt get hold of the arch roller. Engine wise is probably the main thing. May look at changing the interior in it for the later black interior nad fitting electric windows but not looked into this yet.

Engine is ill be looking for over 200bhp anyways and have a good looking bay all going to plan. Relocate washer bottle to scuttle panel,expansion tank to drivers side and possibly battery to boot to clean the bay up a bit.

Pics wise i have sorted them a little but its a good shade of yellow and hasnt faded at all. Not quite as dark as the honda jordan shade however comes up lovely when polished and waxed. Shall be keeping it in the condition it is or better.

Looks superb!

Never really been a fan of nugget, but yours is really making me re-evaluate my opinion! 8)

Mk3 looks nice and classy, so look fwd to see what you do with the rado. Must admit not keen on the 1.8T in the rado. Rado deserves something a bit more characterful IMO.

Keep up good work anyway

Matt

Looks superb!

Never really been a fan of nugget, but yours is really making me re-evaluate my opinion! 8)

Mk3 looks nice and classy, so look fwd to see what you do with the rado. Must admit not keen on the 1.8T in the rado. Rado deserves something a bit more characterful IMO.

Keep up good work anyway

Matt

Alot of folk seem to say they arent a fan till they have seen it. Maybe a good thing lol.

Yeah was really happy with the mk3,put a lot of work into it. I would of put a 2.9 vr into the rado but iv done the vr6 route before and wanted something else to do this time. With the 20vt it will be alot more tuneable and as they didnt come from the factory with one in it will be differnt.

With the 20vt it will be alot more tuneable and as they didnt come from the factory with one in it will be differnt.

Can you not find the 2.5L out of the new Audi TT RS, that I would LOVE to see (and hear!) :grin:

remeber seeing this for sale on E38.. bargain from what I saw!

really looks like a lovely rado mate.. liked yr mk3... GL with it all.. not many early yellow rados abt...

Thought id update this a bit.

So recently iv had some more time on my hands. Iv sorted all the interior up really. Got brand new genuine from dealer leather gearknob,leather handbrake handle,cap for lock mechanism,handbrake sleeve and a few other bits and pieces.

Have also bought a full new tunnel for it as the other one was gubbed. Screw holes and all messed up at fixing points.

Got a new leather gear gaitor aswell with yellow stitching.

Outside wise bodywork just wasnt happy with it so the time has come for a full outside respray. Outside wise i think round about 2008 the sides were sprayed but since then some bubles have appeared and some lovely individual had keyd the back quarter.

The car will be getting fully stripped in the next week or so for a full spray job. Shall have 2 new wings fitted and a vr6 power bulge bonnet.

Other bits iv done away with the orange painted calipers from when i bought it and grinded all the old paint off. Having them nice and fresh silver. All the dust plates have been painted up too. Along with fully stripped the coilovers and gave them a freshen up.

Lowered the rear down to the most it can go on the coils while i had them off and removed the 10mm spacers at the back as it just stuck out a tad to far.

Heres the only pics as of just now but it will only get worse before better as the car will be going to get sprayed fully gutted and on steel wheels.

Plan is to have it ready for the 20th June when its on stand for ScottishVAG at Loudon Castle in Scotland.

marina2.jpg

marina1.jpg

DSC_2497.jpg

DSC_2495.jpg

DSC_2494.jpg

DSC_2496-1.jpg

Bit of prep going on for the bonnet:

DSC_2503.jpg

DSC_2504.jpg

Paint arrived today. 3 litres of lovely Nugget Yellow :D

DSC_2546.jpg

DSC_2545.jpg

Started stripping some of the rear end out today. Going to raise the full car for it getting sprayed so will be some 4x4 corrado action on the go soon.

Fired on some more yestarday.

Managed to rip all this rubbish out which wasnt even needed. An old disk changer or something had obviously been installed:

DSC_2547.jpg

Then about how stripped it is the now. Still to get the headlining out but do that soon.

DSC_2548.jpg

DSC_2549.jpg

DSC_2550.jpg

Will take the full dash out closer to spray time but still want it functional the now. Thankfully no rot in the floor pan which was pretty chuffed with :)

Sadly not...yet. Not sure what route i want to go down with the interior. Was wanting to fit leccy windows so will need new door cards for that anyways so shall wait and do that all at once. Wouldnt mind even just putting in the later spec cloth black interior.

Starting to get everything cleaned up for when its back from being sprayed so did the wheels the other day.

Meguiars degreasered, billberry washed

tar removered

chemical guys wheel sealant

finished off with p21s concours wax

DSC_2584.jpg

Picking up the new interior for it on saturday morning all goin to plan. Shall get that all cleaned up and shampood for it going in. Just going for late spec black cloth. Not a big fan of leather. Especially with the heat the now.

Bit of harlequin corrado going on at the minute but all good as means that i finally have new wings :D Totally rot free and fit perfect. Went for later spec ones off a VR. Not sure of the differnce but look good :uhm:

Prep on full body starts monday, paint should be on by wednesday all going to plan :D

Decreasered all the lower sections at the back aswell today

DSC_2587.jpg

DSC_2588.jpg

DSC_2589.jpg

DSC_2593.jpg

DSC_2594.jpg