Sign in to follow this  
Scott-mk3

TAG the Nugget Rado

That's what I call a respray preparation... :notworthy:

I love the yellow Corrado. I remember the first Corrado I ever saw in the flesh was a yellow VR6 back in 1996. That was the car that I dreamed about but I remember reading an article by that guy Quinton (something) and he said that you should always let the woman choose the colour of a car. Thats why I'm driving a silver one

Are you taking out the glass? good luck with the respray anyway and make sure you get rid of all that polish/silicone cos if there's any left, it will destroy the finish

not long now mate,will be awesome when done

Not long indeed man, canny wait. See you soon :wave:

That's what I call a respray preparation... :notworthy:

I love the yellow Corrado. I remember the first Corrado I ever saw in the flesh was a yellow VR6 back in 1996. That was the car that I dreamed about but I remember reading an article by that guy Quinton (something) and he said that you should always let the woman choose the colour of a car. Thats why I'm driving a silver one

Are you taking out the glass? good luck with the respray anyway and make sure you get rid of all that polish/silicone cos if there's any left, it will destroy the finish

Lol the misses doesnt like the yellow but she didnt get a choice in the matter :lol:

Front and rear screen dont need to come out as theres a seal that comes out the whole way round them to paint right into the glass and then seal goes back in. Front drivers and passenger windows are out as full doors inside and out are geting sprayed along with all door shuts. Only bit im having to mask is the rear triangles as they are bonded and a nightmare for cracking. Along the top and side will be no bother as the seal can fold in on itself and then be popped back out after sprayed. Just the lower part where meets quarter but ill be there when its getting masked up etc so shall make sure its perfecto.

Yeah man dont worry ill be making sure theres minimal sign of it even having a respray apart from the nice new fresh paint :)

Picked up the new interior for it the day thanks to vardo. Minted, all it needed was a good clean and a plastic handle which i took from my old seats.

Perfect sunshine, nice n warm for cleaning them and letting them dry so came up minted. Late spec VR stuff as im not into leather.

DSC_2595.jpg

DSC_2596.jpg

DSC_2597.jpg

Got ma dye for the headlingin aswell but need to buy another two cans as the can was gone in no time.

Looking good man, its all coming together nicely :)

Lovely mate, really like the car and Nugget just keeps getting better everytime i see it! Some good preperation there too.

Did you just sand the disc dust shields back or are they new from VAG?

Adam

Not really a massive fan of yellow cars in general but nugget just seems to look so right. Good work so far.

Yep have to agree there!

Looking good man, its all coming together nicely :)

Getting there, just waiting on it being taken to spayers the now. Didnt get it up today due to weather and other priorities.

Lovely mate, really like the car and Nugget just keeps getting better everytime i see it! Some good preperation there too.

Did you just sand the disc dust shields back or are they new from VAG?

Adam

Yeh man the sheilds are just painted. Thankfully they were in good condition. Have a feeling they must have been replaced before as they usually rot away. Want the final product to be near perfect so had no option but to prep it by stripping it to this extent.

Not really a massive fan of yellow cars in general but nugget just seems to look so right. Good work so far.

Appreciated man.

Finally some progress pictures. Cars pretty much sitting ready to be fully hit with paint now. All shuts and other areas have been painted. Some pics:

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_2624.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_2626.jpg

DSC_2635.jpg

DSC_2641.jpg

DSC_2642.jpg

Excellent job mate, it's looking really good. Nice to sort out all the little niggeley bits too like around where the cables come into the tailgate.

Excellent job - that's some serious respray job :notworthy: . Hope it all turns out well.

Cheers man, hoping it does too. Should do with the amount of prep we are putting in.

Looking forward to seeing it! :D

Me too :) Just want to get it all built back up nice and fresh now.

Excellent job mate, it's looking really good. Nice to sort out all the little niggeley bits too like around where the cables come into the tailgate.

Yeah man wanted to take away any areas that had even slight rust etc. Back arches have been causing a few problems from previous work which has been done on them but the guy doing it for me is a perfectionist and has spent two days alone on them already so should be perfect.

Nice to know it is in good hands... They're hard to find these days

Did you consider filling in the back badge? I know it's not everybodys cup of tea but now would be the time to do it. You could also consider fitting a Transporter air vent on the front wing

coming on nicely. Glad you got some wings for it. Going on my experience it is difficult to get a good painter, glad you have got someone good.

Did you consider filling in the back badge? I know it's not everybodys cup of tea but now would be the time to do it. You could also consider fitting a Transporter air vent on the front wing

Yeah man really did consider taking the rear badge away but didnt want to just fill it for it to crack in a few months down the line. Was going to do away with the rado badge aswell but iv bought a brand new badge for the back so that shall be going on anyway.

Did away with the aerial on the roof though. Metal plate put underneath it and then resin used so it doesnt have any filler in it to cause any issues.

coming on nicely. Glad you got some wings for it. Going on my experience it is difficult to get a good painter, glad you have got someone good.

Yeah im very dubious about who i get to do any work. Had some work done on my vr6 golf before by a bodyshop and wasnt happy with it at all. Its one of my mates whos doing the work and im there most of the time when its getting done so any problems or that i know about and anything he is fixing he lets me see before continuing on. Cant say i trust many bodyshops as i know i wouldnt get the same amount of prep as im getting just now.

I had a little nosey at your car when it was parked up in Morningside. It looked pretty mint before being sprayed to be honest with you :). I take it you're back on the west coast now?

Got painted last monday but i left it in ma mates garage to let it harden up. Was away in germany all week so wasnt going to have time to build it back up for loudon today sadly. Worked on putting it back together saturday and sunday and starting to look more like a car again.

Still to be flattened and polished so not putting everything back on right now but the finish off the gun is minted.

Never got any pics the day but heres some i took saturday. Sadly a bit shit. All 4 good wheels are back on it now and slammed it back down. Want the back lower but coilovers are fully down and dont have helper springs which i could take out. Front can still go more but need to space the wheels a little as tyres rubbing the coil.

Will get better pics the mora.

DSC_2643.jpg

DSC_2644.jpg

DSC_2645.jpg

DSC_2646.jpg

I had a little nosey at your car when it was parked up in Morningside. It looked pretty mint before being sprayed to be honest with you :). I take it you're back on the west coast now?

Lol yeah overall it was generally not too bad but bits here and there made me go the full hog and get it all done and new panels to remove any rust. Everythings the way it should be now and just planing on continuing to do more and more the longer i have it.

Yeah im back over west now where i actually have a drive to work on it properly as couldnt really do much out on the street where it was.

ben is well cheesed :lol:

:lol: Should have some better pics of how it really is now soon. New interiors coming together but just waiting to finish my headlining before putting it all back in. Started to flatten it all today so hopefully not too long till atleast this stage is complete.

Better pics! Car is bit more back together now and almost all flattened. Just a little bit more and the roof and can buff it all back up.

Cant get any futher with the interior the now as my headlining is looking gash using autoglym black dye so ordering other stuff to try and hopefully have it all fitted by the weekend again going to plan.

Before flatteneing., finish straight off the gun:

DSC_2648.jpg

During flattening but not buffed up yet:

DSC_2651.jpg?t=1277243847

DSC_2650.jpg?t=1277243847

DSC_2649.jpg?t=1277243847

Looks like a new car :)

Bet it takes a bit longer putting everything back together :)

Do you not have any rubbing issues with the rear wheels?