Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Correct ET

Ok so this is something im a little but unsure of. As some of you may have read that i needed to replace my wheels, anyway i found some fairly decent one on the 'bay and collected them today. BBS RZ's 17" which only cost me £110 :D, brand new tyres (pretty much) one of the alloys is brand new as his mate badly curbed and had to replace it so less than 300 miles on that alloy, and only one has curb marks. I'm also missing 2 centre caps so if anyone knows where i could get any it would be muchly appreciated!

Anyway after taking my original ones off (the ones the previous owner fitted) i checked the ET and they were 35 and 36 on the front :? and 35 on the back.

The BBS' are 37 all round.

The car has been lowered but not by me so i couldnt tell you the height adjustments. I have included photos which might help but basically i want to know the correct ET setting as the tyres that were on the front are worn on the inner and outer of the wheel where they have rubbed against the wheel arch.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Jay

ETKA Corrado.pdf100223_170856.jpg[/attachment:2gvk52ie]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf100223_170920.jpg[/attachment:2gvk52ie]

Rear gap

Corrado92.pdf100223_171024.jpg[/attachment:2gvk52ie]

Rear gap

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf100223_171014.jpg[/attachment:2gvk52ie]

Rear Drop

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf100223_170952.jpg[/attachment:2gvk52ie]

Front gap

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf100223_171034.jpg[/attachment:2gvk52ie]

Front gap

100223_171005.jpg[/attachment:2gvk52ie]

Front Drop

"correct" all depends on the width (which you haven't mentioned) but I'm assuming they're 7s going on an Et of 37.

Are the pics of your car? You have to try pretty hard to get 7s to rub so either they were on something smaller than a corrado or the tyres were too big and it was ridiculously low (tyres should be 205/40/17). The pics look just fine though and et37 is as it should be give or take, so unless they've rubbed since you've had them then I wouldn't worry.

They look okay to me, mine has far more less offset and a wider rim and i only just get rubbing on full lock or if i try a multistorey car park. You will hear if it rubs when you corner, and on the inside put your hand through the wheel or arch and see how much gap there is between the strut (or coilover). To be honest i would not have thought you would have a problem with et 37 on a 7 rim as its pretty tame compared to what some folk run. They look nice, bit of a bargain too it seems :D

"correct" all depends on the width (which you haven't mentioned) but I'm assuming they're 7s going on an Et of 37.

Are the pics of your car? You have to try pretty hard to get 7s to rub so either they were on something smaller than a corrado or the tyres were too big and it was ridiculously low (tyres should be 205/40/17). The pics look just fine though and et37 is as it should be give or take, so unless they've rubbed since you've had them then I wouldn't worry.

Yeah sorry totally forgot that, they are 7's, tyres are 205/40/17 and yeah on my car, in the snow stupid weather :cuckoo: , i've only just put them on so i dont know if it rubs and im not sure if they did before as it has only been on the road a couple of months and made sure i didnt need to go full lock on the steering.

They look okay to me, mine has far more less offset and a wider rim and i only just get rubbing on full lock or if i try a multistorey car park. You will hear if it rubs when you corner, and on the inside put your hand through the wheel or arch and see how much gap there is between the strut (or coilover). To be honest i would not have thought you would have a problem with et 37 on a 7 rim as its pretty tame compared to what some folk run. They look nice, bit of a bargain too it seems :D

Haha yeah, definately a bargain especially as i forgot to mention he gave me some rado parts for free!!! He has a MK2 golf and a MK2 Golf Van?! never seen one of those before, looked awesome, but yeah, he previously had an early corrado he was breaking and had recently got rid of the shell and most of the parts and had a few bits left over so gave me an early grill (with VW badge in very good condition plus a red 16V in good nick too) and a slam panel complete with 2 headlights with no cracks!

Oh i also found the centre caps on the German Ebay for £26ish in delivery

But if you both think they should be fine then im happy :D

When i got home today after work i tested the gaps by putting the wheels on full lock and feeling around the tyre, i found that there is hardly any gap at the back of the arch and it feels as if the tyres will rub....can this be solved with a spacer?

Thanks

Shouldnt be a problem at all. Ive had 8in wide ET35 wheels on with no problems. The inner wall will sit further in with them than yours will.

Hmm it doesn't seen like it will rub at the front of the arch, just that i couldn't get my fingers in between the tyre and the arch at the back and seemed as if there was only a few mm gap...i wont buy anything yet as you all seem to think it wont be an issue, but im only going on the state of the previous front wheels (same size wheels 7" ET35) and the fact that the inner arch plastic has rubbing marks, maybe if i come to a meet someone else can give me their opinion....

I'll see if i can slide anything between the tyre and the arch.....although the spacers might give the car a better stance, looks wise... :confused4:

Thanks for your replies though!

Shouldnt be a problem at all. Ive had 8in wide ET35 wheels on with no problems. The inner wall will sit further in with them than yours will.

hi mate, is that et35 8inch on 17inch rims? just im buying some new rims and want to no wot ill get away with without rubbing and having to use spacers