Sign in to follow this  
ja32953

smoke...?..its a smokin?...lol

ok,..now i still havent found the gauge cluster problem,..or the battery drain...tried just about everything....

now when i first start the car it blows out some white-ish colored smoke,...then kinda fades out while at idle,....then my neighbor said when i drove off,..a dark colored smoke was coming out the exhaust,...larger puffs at shift points,...anyone know how to stop it,...?

White smoke when you first start the car is just steam made from the condensation in the exhaust boiling off... Don't worry about that unless it doesn't clear once the car's warmed up a bit...

Darker smoke on over-run tends to either be over-fueling, or burning oil... Neither of which are particularly great signs... :?

Take your car to a garage and get the tuning/fueling checked thru the rev range. That'll show you if you're running rich, or if not that it's burning oil... :?

whiteish coloured smoke at start up, usually tells ya your valve stem seals are on there way out.

No i'm with Henny on this one, blue smoke is a different story

Hmmm... If its just after startup then it probably is just condensation and deposits that have settled in the exhaust but if you are getting it at speed after the engine is warm then you have a problem, expesially if the smoke blue in colour, but like Henn y says, don't panic if its just dark as it could be running rich... get you Lambda etc checked out.

You need to ascertain whether it's smoke or steam first...... Steam evaporates into the air almost instantly....smoke lingers and obviously has an accompanying odour.

Not all oils burn blue by the way. I've seen oils burn white. White smoke normally indicates a much stronger mix of cold oil to petrol (i.e. dripping through guides over night).

K