Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Rust removal?

This winter has taken its toll on my C first top mounts then arblink brakeing Now I've got little patches of rust apearing around the wings :(

So whats the best way to removing this.

Sand it down to bare metal, coat in anti rust stuff then paint, then laquer then loads of polishing.

What would be the best way of doing this but not getting dull paint after, basically how can I remove the rust and not leave any signs I've dont it.

krust is good, you'll need to go back to bare metal, then some filler, and prime etc. depend where on the arches? I think I can guess where

krust is good, you'll need to go back to bare metal, then some filler, and prime etc. depend where on the arches? I think I can guess where

Its right round the lip mainly but also a few bis right down in the corners

You will only get rust of its down to metal. Basically you need to take it and an area around out back to bare metal, treat then repaint. Krust is not very good to be honest, I got some some stuff that you put on and leave overnight then wash off. It basically eats away the rust. I'll see if I can remember the name of it. You order it directly from the manuf.

If its not removed properly it will come back and sometimes even if you think its all gone it can come back. Unless your a sprayer by trade it will never look quite right but if it not a show car I wouldnt worry.

High build primer should do if it is simply surface stuff.

Cool

So any one got any tips o how to make the paint blend in and not look dull apart from lots of polishing