Sign in to follow this  
borders16v

Whats this panel?

Guys, whats the panel that sits behind the front bumber just above the splitter.Mine has rusted away almost completely but its not structural so passes mot`s.

Is it part of the slam panel?, if so can it be fitted separately?, or is it a separate part?

thanks if you can lead me to finding what its called etc :salute:

its expensive by the looks of things maybe best finding a decent 2nd hand one of cleaning it up and hammeriting it!

Cheers Bud. Thought I`d read crossmember but also thought there was an attachment under it aswell. As said its a mess but still passes the mot which i was very surprised at but delighted all the same. Mot approaching again and Im hoping i can get it through again with minimal wallet damage. Thanks again :salute:

Cheers Bud. Thought I`d read crossmember but also thought there was an attachment under it aswell. As said its a mess but still passes the mot which i was very surprised at but delighted all the same. Mot approaching again and Im hoping i can get it through again with minimal wallet damage. Thanks again :salute:

i have one available that was cleaned then hammerited matt black £60 inc postage and its yours :)

Its not the cross member its the radiator support panel. mine had completly rusted away too. Got one second hand easy enough.

Cheers guys for the offers and info. Yeh rad support sounds more like it rather than the crossmember. Hopefully cheaper and easier to fit too. Think my rads probably had it too so will do that along with the support if i have to. Getting close to the breaking up stage but really hope not,one more year :norty:

Its not the cross member its the radiator support panel. mine had completly rusted away too. Got one second hand easy enough.

Why in my link is it called a crossmember then??

C what you mean Jonvr6. I hadnt noticed the attachment before.ta for that. It looks like the rad support sits on the crossmember. Im more confused than i was before now :D

Bizzare, the cross member is labelled No.2. No. 1 is defo the rad panel. Commonly rust to buggery. I did the same as everyone has advised. Get a second hand one, clean it up as much as poss and hammerite the hell out of it!

Not too sure on whats an mot failure. Mine had holes about the size of your fist and still sailed through.

Yeh as is not structural its passed in the past despite looking like its been through an I E D blasting :D Still expecting a fail next time