biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Thanks for the comments, I've been hard at work this week doing the interior. I'm hoping to finish it off next week. I'll get some more pics posted this evening...

Holy sheeeite.

The mags should be knocking your DOOR down for features when that car is finished. I simply can't WAIT to see the finished article!

what does that interior normally look like? in the US we dont have those cars...someone post a picture! i cannot wait to see how you make everything work.

I resisted the temptation to post on this thread as I knew what it was going to be an age ago - I saw it earlier on this year when I picked up some RST seats from you Ben

Oh, and it looks damn fine

:shock: Sweet!!!

As with everyone else I cannot wait to see this complete! I already really like the exterior (namely how low the car is), its hugely powerful... and now will have a totally original interior... a new idol among corrado's I think :wink: :D

Should have waited until I finished the dash before posting pics but couldn't wait any longer. I have kept the idea under wraps for over a year now as some of you well know....!

I didn't expect such overwhelming replies to be honest, I thought some might turn their noses up at the dash. So thanks for those who posted...! I hope I can keep the quality as high as possible.

I do have The Golf + mag interested in a possible feature, we will see.

Here is a pic of what the interior should look like, I had to mmodify the ends of the top half of the dash due to the corrado being a different width and the steering column being in a different position, but I have tried my best to keep it looking the same....

TVR's have been using Corrado mirrors for years........so it's only fair that you use their dash for your Rado!!!LOL! :mrgreen: :wink:

Completely, totally, utterly impressed Ben. The bit you've made above the dash really suits the tvr dash too. Get it pro trimmed to do it justice. Should imagine you'd get a good deal due to the headline grabbing nature of the mod.

Im with everyone else on this... amazing mod - totally individual... outrageous concept but still classy!

with a20 lee on get the pro job done (unless u experienced) cos i cant see all those curves being easy to trim!

good luck and keep the pics coming

I'm not sure what I'm doing about a re-trim...? My main intension is to get the car on the road asap! Therefore the interior is on hold until this happens. Having said that I really would love to have a professional re-trim but they do know how to charge! I have been practising myself on stretching material over the rear door cards and it's not that hard.., but quality stiching is another issue. Basically I will re-evaluate when I get it on the road. Will posts some more pics soon..

Right time for an update I think,

I've not had much time to work on the car much recently because of work and therefore the interior hasn't changed much... however..

I have a fellow corrado owner coming over next weekend to help me get it started, bleed the brakes + clutch and hopefully by then it will be ready for a quick trial I think...!

Whilst putting it back on the ground I did find a couple of guests taking residense both on the outside of my exhaust and within...! All I can say is I hope they can fly as come next weekend they won't have much choice.... :D :D :D

lookin good

actually no its not looking good........................its looking f*cking amazing :shock:

cant wait to see it at the shows

dont suppose you could tell me where you get the leather from as i might re-trim my seats soon