biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

nice one, im onna look forward to seeing this int he flesh some day :)

Its all about E38 my man! Its not too far from sunny Scotland...

whoa, just looked at the interior of that car, how much weight do you think you gained with all that bondo and fiberglass? and why the concept look, dashing I might say! its gonna look good for sure, fresh paint and a best in class and best of show award on the ground in front of it!

Quite a car ben. Last time i saw it was Inters 04 and its a different car.

Looks like i'll be up to E38 on the Friday just to get a sneek preview of the car!

whoa, just looked at the interior of that car, how much weight do you think you gained with all that bondo and fiberglass? and why the concept look, dashing I might say! its gonna look good for sure, fresh paint and a best in class and best of show award on the ground in front of it!

Think you might be jumping the gun a little on best in class and best car of the show! :oops: :oops: The enigne is very mucky and I don't know if I have time to clean it before the show, my trimmer wants me to stick it in the show and shine on Sunday to see how his trimming compares to others, so I think I might put some effort into cleaning it for his sack and enter it..lol

The dash prob weighs a bit more than standard, maybe another 10-20kg but the front seats only weigh about 5kg each, plus I'm going to have 300+ bhp so I don't think a little extra pounds is going to make a whole lot of a difference...

The car wasn't really built for show and shine events, as the engine + 4wd is very much very functional, no bling chrome or polishing under the bonnet! but it would be nice to win a cup or 2 .. :lol: :lol:

I like the pun btw, 'dashing' lol

cheers for your comments none the less, :oops: :oops:

Quite a car ben. Last time i saw it was Inters 04 and its a different car.

Looks like i'll be up to E38 on the Friday just to get a sneek preview of the car!

cheers chap. Indeed it was a different car at Inters 04, since I started the project I have had 3 sets of wheels and 5 different sets of front seats!!

It was only a shell at Inters 04, but now it will be at least 95% finished for E38 (I hope)

If your there on friday night I might have to beg for your services like everyone else who's going to be there to help me clean it!! :wink:

If your there on friday night I might have to beg for your services like everyone else who's going to be there to help me clean it!! :wink:

Damm. I thought if I got there early someone could clean my car :D

nice one, im onna look forward to seeing this int he flesh some day :)

Its all about E38 my man! Its not too far from sunny Scotland...

No Sh1t!!!

I was there last year were you??? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

well hopefully ill make it this year to see this.

a good few of mymates are making the trip this year where as last year it was just me and my missus, but a new offshore job will maybe hinder me, or the court case i have coming up might keep me onshore long enough... :lol:

dubster82,

hope you can make it !

Right I'm off out to put in another 12 hr day, just been to GSF in Norwich this morning and met some fellow Corrado boys there (nice to meet you lads), might post one or 2 last pics of the interior tomorrow depending on how I get on. My plan is to finish the interior by the end of tomorrow...

B

Furkz... how did you find out?? :o

:lol:

no, the police are being tits and im not standing for it, so im taking them to court. got my dates in, 2. one either side of E38, and they cant exactly put me offshore the way the dates are spaced, so it looks like im gonna make it!! :D:D:D

good luck with finishing it ben :)

Another mad day, interior is sooo nearly finished !! I'm well chuffed with how much I got done today, hopefully fingers crossed I will have it done by tomorrow.., then I will be a week ahead of schedule.. !

Thought I'd post a few more pics of my efforts today, finished the door cards, finished the lower dial pod and finished the passengers side undertray. I decided that I didn't need a drivers side undertray as you just can't see anything, no point and it saves me time! Just the center tunnel left to smooth out, fix mounting brackets and extend and the interior is done !!!! Heard from my trimmer and the rear half of the car and roof is almost trimmed :wink: So far so good, I'm still on target for E38 !! Enjoy the pics...

Oh and check the engine... oooohh mapping in 2 weeks :?: :!: :o

Get out your party hats everyone :bday:

THE INTERIOR IS FINISHED

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

14 months of work, many meters of fibre glass, a few tubs of filler, a little resin and some serious effort and its all done !! Now for a good clean next weekend me thinks :wink:

I really want to see this car in person, maybe I will buy a plane ticket for E38.... when is that again?

:oops:

Sept 3rd, 4th 2005

Overstone Park

Northampton

Good effort mate! should look sweet as!

Could have cleaned it before taking the pics though! :lol:

whatever Nick, I was leaving that to you :lol: :lol: