biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

Sorry to hear this Ben, sorry missed your call otherday also, been very hectic. How much you selling the Golf for?

I'm not, got it sorted out...

cant find any pics work connection too slow to look all through the pages! which page is it on i may be interested in this.

Bill

Page 1 at the bottom of the page or in 'parts for sale' section

about time we had some new pics ben.

lol, ok here is a sneak pic of the drivers door card, not finished but getting there.

Off out to bleed the brakes, run the engine up to temp an hopefully take it for a quick spin...?

about time we had some new pics ben.

lol, ok here is a sneak pic of the drivers door card, not finished but getting there.

thats the way it should be done. dash will look really fitted with modded doors.

A20 LEE,

Thanks Lee, should look good once done!

Update,

Just finished my long day working on the C, got the brakes working! At last! And made a special bracket for the handbrake and that too works now. Got the engine ready to be started and the batt was flat, so charging it ready to fire her up tomorrow morning, fingers crossed! Then TEST DRIVE!!! yeppiee

Got the engine ready to be started and the batt was flat, so charging it ready to fire her up tomorrow morning, fingers crossed! Then TEST DRIVE!!! yeppiee

Be careful :wink:

Be careful :wink:

Don't worry going to take it easy and only just popping up the road and back as not everything works and I don't have any number plates, bumpers etc on the car...

Just want to make sure all the 4wd is working ok!

Still doesn't want to fire up?!! The injectors should be making a loud worn tappet type noise and they are not, so going to see if the engine is actually getting any fuel this afternoon. That might be my problem! Got a spark in each cyl and I have air and all electrics are working as its run before. puzzled!

bloosy hell. jusat saw the pic of the door card.

well impressed!!

that interiors gonna be stunning when its done.

do you know what colour your going to do it ?

bloosy hell. jusat saw the pic of the door card.

well impressed!!

that interiors gonna be stunning when its done.

do you know what colour your going to do it ?

cheers dubster82... Its taken long enough!

I have bought the leather, going to keep that quiet until its done. Hope to have the interior finished off next weekend, 3 days solid should see it almost complete, then when funds allow its off to the trimmers....

Ben

Is that why you were asking my about pink cows then Ben? lol :lol:

Make sure you have the main earth strap for you ecu connected up - that baffled the shyte of out me for a couple of days, and makes everything as dead as a dodo

Is that why you were asking my about pink cows then Ben? lol :lol:

lol... i told you to keep that quiet...lol

Make sure you have the main earth strap for you ecu connected up - that baffled the shyte of out me for a couple of days, and makes everything as dead as a dodo

I'll check it but I think thats all ok, I've had it running before..

I think its just flooding, apparently people have this problem before they map them, sparks get filthy and the 440cc injectors just drown them.. so will clean the plugs and heat them with a blow torch before I try and start it again! Will keep everyone updated.

i think your gonna want to give the dash a quick wipe over before you finish ;)

have to say its lookin fine!

the moulded sections on the doors look like they should be bodycoloured imo, might look cool

You nutter! Cant wait to see this car once its finished, loads of show and loads of go!! Good combination! :D :D

Haven’t read the whole thread, but did the TVR dash cost you a lot of money? How far off are its dimensions? (apologies if this has already been covered)

i think your gonna want to give the dash a quick wipe over before you finish ;)

have to say its lookin fine!

the moulded sections on the doors look like they should be bodycoloured imo, might look cool

hehehe, yep need to give the whole car a clean, inside and out!!!!

Not sure I can achieve the kind of finished needed to paint the moulds... Just want to trim it all in leather, will look sweet, trust me :D Think the color of the leather I have gone for will look sweet, shame Coxy gave it away :D cough..pink... cough

You nutter! Cant wait to see this car once its finished, loads of show and loads of go!! Good combination! :D :D

Haven’t read the whole thread, but did the TVR dash cost you a lot of money? How far off are its dimensions? (apologies if this has already been covered)

hahaha, indeed I am a nutter, I know that now!

TVR dash cost me pretty much nothing, bought the whole interior out of a Cerbera a while ago for about £500, including dials, the works, didn't get the steering wheel though, they are rare and expensive and I sourced that at a later date.. I then sold everything I didn't need and made back about 400 squids and I still have the seats left which I should easily get more than 100 quid for.. There really isn't alot left of the original dash ! I've mooded most areas, so I think it would be safe to say that its a TVR inspired dash! The offset was all wrong so alot of chopping and changing took place. The top half of the dash I made from scratch, el la door cards, stack pod, center tunnel sides etc etc then i modded the lower pod which houses the greddy gauges and I have the fun task of making all the ducting behind work with the mk4 climate control unit. Its been very hard work and many many hours to get it right, trust me! I had 3 goes at the stack pod! ........ never again! (don't quote me on that last bit!)

Ben

Sounds very ambitious Ben, good on you! The TVR interior sounds a bargain. What did you make the custom bits out of?

Some of the bits I made moulds for from foam and laid it up in glass fibre then I used filler followed by a lot of sanding... Takes time to get a good finish but seeing as it will all be covered in leather I'm not too fussed about that. Although, hopefully it will come across like a professional job once trimmed... something to take on maybe a Carisma interior...?? :D

Are you retrimming it yourself or getting it done somewhere mate?

Are you retrimming it yourself or getting it done somewhere mate?

I might do some of it myself, but quite alot of it is going to be done by a pro as I really want to get a good finish! Dash and front door cards could be quite interesting to trim... 8)

if i were you, with that lot, id go to carisma.

but he is expensive, but i tihnk you need to amtch the quality and effort of the rest of the car :) please dont colour code moulded parts of the interior :roll:

:lol:

if i were you, with that lot, id go to carisma, but he is expensive, but i tihnk you need to amtch the quality and effort of the rest of the car :)

He is very expensive! My trimmer got a quote from MJ interiors yesterday just to see how much it would be, and Junior wanted £2700 to do it!!!!!!

I can asure you that I'm not going to be paying that! The trimmer who I have for the job will do a good job IMHO. Its a new company and he needs good feedback from his work so its ideal for both him and me.

please dont colour code moulded parts of the interior :roll: .

I'm not sure quite what you mean mate? What do you mean by moulded parts? The whole dash, center tunnel and door cards have been moulded...

I don't want a 2 toned effect if thats what you mean. I think it looks much more classy in one color through out. Maybe a different color headlining and pillars but thats about it, haven't decided that yet. I have a few ideas up my sleeve as far as that is concerned. 8)