Can you point me to any helpful linx on

SPEX

What the difference between a standard VR6 and a STORM VR6

Any tips on what to look for any known faults

What should I expect to pay

Should high mileage be a concern

Any advice or help welcome

Thanks in advance J3LLY

As davidwort has pointed you to, the Wiki has everything you want in it, especially the excellent buying guide.

However, my quick twopennyworth, trying to give you the essence of all the fantastic info in there, bear in mind you're buying a car that (even a late VR) is now fifeen years old at least. Therefore high mileage is not quite inevitable (mine's sitting on 66,000 :clap: ) but checking what it's had done/budgetting for things that will need doing (15 year old car) is essential. Buying higher mileage seems initially off putting but then, if you buy a car that's had the big jobs of middle age done (chains and maybe some other top end work on the engine, refreshing of the suspension etc) then you might get a far better runner than one that's low mileage and has been sitting up. My 66,000 miler is lovely and feels really tight in lots of ways but since it's spent a lot of time sitting up or on short runs during it's life pre-me, I'm working my way through the replacement of a lot of perished bushes etc, which have started going quickly now it's in regular use again. I'm also aware that soon the splendid chaps at DG Autotech (recommended) are going to take the top end apart and quite possibly find that my timing chains need doing.

As for the other issues you brought up, here are one or two useful hints to get the most out of an unbelievably helpful and well run forum:

1. A Storm is just a well specc'd VR with some extra badges, a colour coded grille and one colour choice (of two) that was only on the Storms (but also MK3 Golfs). For many, that prestige of the badge (meaning one of the last 500) is worth the extra cost of buying and insuring. For others, the badges mean little and they'd rather have a VR with an even higher spec (eg Recaros). There is no difference in performance between stock and Storm VRs.

2. If you want to read the considerable debate of "Is a Storm any better than a regular VR?" then use the Search function on the forum, which is invaluable for the following reasons: it will help you avoid irritating the mods and regulars by asking questions that have been asked dozens of times before; it will save you time; it will stop causing the above debate and other favourites (VR vs. G60; do chains really need doing and if so is it at 100,000 miles, even Xbox 360 vs. PS3!) to endlessly resurface.

So go find a good Corrado! For all that you'll read of how infuriating they can be, there's no other car that you can buy for the money that'll make you smile so much. Good luck!