Sign in to follow this  
borders16v

Changed discs/pads now got ABS light on?

Any ideas on this guys. News pads and discs fitted all looks good but the Abs light came on. It must know the MOT`s coming :shrug:

Are the sensors mega sensitive to jolts when fitting discs or is it something else,cant be a coicidence as light hasnt been a problem since it came on 1 hour before its mot 2 years ago,fecking uncanny. Cheers.

It will be the sensors mate (or maybe just one of em) so 1st job is to get it VAG-comed and see which one. Then buy a new one, remove the old one and give the hole a GOOD clean in order to make the new item slot in easily. Its a bit of a tight fit so the key is to prep 8)

Even the fronts have cages dont they?

Did you actually put an ABS cage onto the discs or did you not think of fititng the new discs with a new/old cage, as the discs dont come with them. I did this :oops:

if you don't have vagcom just check the resitance with a multimetre across the sensor ! the one with minimal resistance is the iffy one.

Did you actually put an ABS cage onto the discs or did you not think of fititng the new discs with a new/old cage, as the discs dont come with them. I did this :oops:

erm yes but its attached to the hub not the disk !!

erm yes but its attached to the hub not the disk !!

ah :salute:

Cheers for the replies gents. It was the front ones that were done. I hate paying for the vagcom,seems a bloody ripoff. LIKE THE IDEA OF CHECKING USING MULTIMETER. New sensors 15£ a go and vagcom from hazy memory last time was 30quid.

Will now wait till the mot to do work as no doubt there will be some other little surprises awaiting my rado and wallet :salute: