Sign in to follow this  
big_mac

Brembo Group Buy?

I'm really confused now guys!

Is this Brembo setup:

Discs?

Pads?

Caliper?

Do I need to change my wheels? [standard 15's at the moment]...

Is this Brembo setup:

Discs?

Pads?

Caliper?

Brembo conversion is Disks, 4pot Brembo calipers (including pads!) carrier convertors (so you can bolt the new calipers onto your car!) and then you need a pair of braided hoses made up so that you can connect the calipers to your existing hydraulic brake system...

AFAIK only a couple of types of 15" wheels will fit, flat designed 16" (Like the Borbet C :wink: ) and quite a few 17" wheel will fit over these brakes... The design of the spokes is critical as to whether they'll fit over the calipers or not... :?

Hope this clears things up for you a bit... 8)

Henny: Your wheels look like a pretty similar design to mine, being flat.

How do the calipers fit on yours?

Henny: Your wheels look like a pretty similar design to mine, being flat.

How do the calipers fit on yours?

Even with a 9mm spacer they're flippin' close, but they fit with enough room for safety... 8)

The design of the spoke MUST be such that they attach to the hub of the wheel further towards the outer side of the wheel than it's mounting face... Looking at your avatar, the spokes on your wheels appear to curve back in when they get to the rim which may mean that they won't clear... :?

The only way you can guarantee that they'll fit is to try your wheel on someone's car that's got the conversion fitted, or to have exactly the same wheels as someone who's already got them on a converted car... :|

I dunno RACK... Having looked in your gallery I reckon that the wheels you've got should clear the Brembos... Where abouts are you based? You may find a nice person close by that has the conversion that's willing to allow you to try your wheel on their car to make sure it clears... That's how I did it :wink: 8)

I live in Rotherham, about 7 miles from Sheffield.

So any kind people who have got some brembos on and would kindly let me try my wheel, I would be very thankfull.

Definatly interested in the 4 studs, they should go over my OZ Polarises.

Just a question of when for me really, the later the better.

Brando, you really need wheels that go oveer your brakes.

RACK, That Ibiza if standard, wil run 16" OZ's

aposegil, im up for a set for my G60, when will be the nearer date for a deal?

hello guys

ok got speaking again to my supplier and he does do them but but the price has gone up due to the bolts. Seat has raised the price silly

But he did said if we can get 10 people together he can lower the price due to he can get macthing bolts but not from seats but as good.

So basically I already know one guy who would like a set

Is ther 9 more of you that is willing to do it.

Also i wouldnt be plannign to do it until end of feb/march as still paying for xmas lol

Is this Brembo setup:

Discs?

Pads?

Caliper?

Brembo conversion is Disks, 4pot Brembo calipers (including pads!) carrier convertors (so you can bolt the new calipers onto your car!) and then you need a pair of braided hoses made up so that you can connect the calipers to your existing hydraulic brake system...

AFAIK only a couple of types of 15" wheels will fit, flat designed 16" (Like the Borbet C :wink: ) and quite a few 17" wheel will fit over these brakes... The design of the spokes is critical as to whether they'll fit over the calipers or not... :?

Hope this clears things up for you a bit... 8)

So do I take it my standard VR6 Speedlines will not fit over the caliper???

So do I take it my standard VR6 Speedlines will not fit over the caliper???

Not a chance... Sorry... :? I doubt they'd even be big enough to take the disk, never mind the caliper! :|

I'm pretty certain that no 16" wheels will clear the VR6 conversion as the disks are bigger than the 4 stud conversion (325mm Vs 305mm) and the 4 stud calipers are close to touching the inside of the wheel! :crazyeyes:

If you wanna stick with 16", you'll have to get the 4 stud version and have the disks re-drilled to get 'em to fit, or find some 305mm 5x100 disks from somewhere... :?

could we start to make a list of those who are deffinetly interested in the 4 stud versions, i propose the end of feb begining of march time to atually buy them.

add your name below if your deffo wanting some (bear in mind that your about £100 quid for decent replacement pads/disks )

Big_mac (Andy)

Can anyone recommend a replacement big disc conversion for the VR6 which will fit inside the standard alloys [or 16's if not]???

Oh and on the cheap too please! :)

I have a feeling that they're the disks to use for the 5stud Brembo conversion... :? Wish I could remember where I read about it...:| :oops:

Pete go for the Audi TT, R32 and S3 setup

Think it uses a 300+ mm disk and should bolt straight on

How much do you reckon???

I guess I could probably find a 225TT in a scrappy somewhere???

Bet VW would charge a packet!

Probably be cheaper getting the Brembo's and 16's then!!! :wink:

i think id go for 4 stud brembo kit and get the discs drilled for 5 stud,cand believe they charge an extra £400 ish for the 5 stud kit :?

March sounds perfect for a nice set of Brembos to grace my hubs :)

is there any other option for discs yet??

I run tarox discs and pads at the mo, and dont really want to change from that, as they are ace.

but, i keep checking there site and i never see any fitments for the cupra :(

I dont want standard discs if possible....

ok guys been speaking to my supplier and he just told me the the 5 stud kit only fits on the mkIV golf bora hub/hub carrier assembly which is slightly different to the corrado and mkIII range.

I dont know if you can put the hub/hub carrier assembly on the corrado

Ok, Alex, what sort of money are we talking?

I have a set on one car and they are savage brakes!!! :lol:

Put me down for a set of 4 stud ones, i live in ireland, but can get them sent to a uk address!

Now as for the wheel issues, seatcupra.net has a nice thread that says what wheels clear the brakes(from experience) and which ones need spacers and the size of the spacers, so here it is:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=fbafbef34ccb6fb222ce8da7297fad19&threadid=26402