Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Should I consider another C as a winter beater?

Lately I'v been thinking of getting a Passat CC as a winter beater, but costing a little "fortune" here in Norway for a 170HP TDI or a 160 Petrol, I have started to think that I might just go ahead and get another C with a VR6 (maybe even consider a 16V due to mpg) - as I'v never driven a C during winter time - how does it handle on winter roads?.

And would it be a viable option as a winter beater ? (will obviously receive nice treatment during summer time to avoid rust due to salty shitty roads....;) )

It's a surprisingly capable winter car to be honest. Get some winter tyres on there and leave it with original suspension (for the height) and I don't think theres many places it couldn't go.. certainly in some bad snow we had a few years ago, my Corrado was one of only a handful of cars that had braved a trip to work and it never put a foot wrong apart from struggling to get up one hill which was pretty darn steep - and that was on all season tyres!

Strongly starting to consider to get another one - realy don't like to drive them during winter due to salty roads and shit - but it's either C all year around or C during summer and then Passat TDI 140/170hp or a CC with same engine during winter.............realy haven't decided yet........