Sign in to follow this  
pummer67

heater controls

i am going to change my heater controls to late ones as i have fittede a late dash. Do i just need the heater control unit and dials. Do i just swap early cables onto late control unit or is it more involved than that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark

You'll also need to replace the bowden (sp) cables. The early use 'r' shaped hooks to attach to the slider controls whereas the late uses 'o' shaped hooks to attach to the dials. I had the same problem, you don't need to change the heater box behind the dash though because both early and late use the same 'o' hooks to attach to the heater box

so can i reach the back of the cables with dash in? I didnt really look very hard where they went or anything. Thanks for your help. Mark

Yeah can be done with the dash in but its easier with a mate to help, you'll need to take both the under dash shelves out and then lay in the foot well lol. I managed to do it, takes about half hour, make sure you label the cables up because they are different lengths (2 are black 1 is blue OR 1 is black 2 are blue i cant remember which)

youll also need to sort out the power supply as the early and late plugs are different. it quite straight forward though

youll also need to sort out the power supply as the early and late plugs are different. it quite straight forward though

Ah yes, that would help my bad! :lol: