Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

New Scirocco V Mk5 Gti

Yep, its called Viper Green! You won't lose it in a carpark. Surely that would be worth less come resale time as there's got to be less people that would that colour.

I'm a fan of the Scirocco but not so keen on the rear end (oo-er!), being a bit wide and round. The R front and rear bumpers make the car look awesome, think they will be hard to buy off VW as they want the R to stay in very limited numbers.

If you don't need a practical car then go for a Scirocco, need practical then its an ED30 for my choice.

I think it looks like an Astra or a Megane. :sleeping: IMO. Golf isn't much better for looks either TBH. New TT is far more attractive.

Also believe the head is different.

Some of the 2.0 Turbo lumps went back to port injection (instead of direct injection) because of nozzle clogging issues, and this- http://www.mrctuning.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=18

The valves and ports never get washed with fuel and gum up with tonnes of breather oil, which reduces power. A common mod on the MK5 now is to dump the PCV to atmosphere or use a catch can - http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Mk5-FSI ... p_308.html

I find the 2.0 lumps to be confusing tbh. I know the MK6 has gone back to port injection and is of a Yamaha design (IIRC) and called a 'TSI'. The older original K03 motor is the 'TFSI'.

If the ED30 got the TSI head, it's definitely the engine to go for.

That's really interesting. I never thought about that being an issue with direct injection.

I'd read about and heard of Direct injection engines suffering from crankcase ventilation issues, but I didn't realise how bad it was until I saw that Audi RS4 link!!

For a £50K+ car, that is really poor. 25hp down from a badly designed intake and breather system. I haven't seen that much oil in an intake since the 80s!!.