Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

Mk4 288 front's

Ok, I've been offered a set of mk4 front 288 calipers and carriers. Checkin' on ETKA the calipers have the same part no's, but the carriers are different as are the brake discs...(as opposed to the late mk3 VR6 ones...)

Should this be a problem or not??

My mistake, the carriers for the mk3 VR6 have been revised to the ones showing up for the mk4. This means that the disc part no. is irrelevant then?

worth checking the offset on the disc if you are going for the mk4 ones. but if you are getting the mk3 ones then no

worth checking the offset on the disc if you are going for the mk4 ones. but if you are getting the mk3 ones then no

Yeh Id just go for the mk3's mate (even tho they're more expensive than mk4) as they're tried and tested :D

i have some used ones in the garage if your interested. there a little rusty but have plenty of life in them.

not really looking for anything for them

I did this swap a while back using the carriers and calipers from my A3 (mk4 platform) which had previously been upgraded to 312mm brakes. no issues with the calipers however the discs where too shallow.

I did this swap a while back using the carriers and calipers from my A3 (mk4 platform) which had previously been upgraded to 312mm brakes. no issues with the calipers however the discs where too shallow.

What disc did you use in the end?