Sign in to follow this  
vagingit.co.uk

g60 accelerator cable part no

Right, just been to VW to order a new accelerator cable for my other halfs G60, and they are coming up with two part numbers, so there must be two variations.

Any idea which is the right one, or does it not matter? They were both listed as being for a G60 woth engine code PG

any ideas, I want to order one as soon as I can

cheers

It should be according to Chassis number looking at Vag-Cat... So VW should be able to tell you which one you need if you give them your chassis number...

Personally, I can't see why there'd be a difference having had a G60 either side of the cut-off chassis number, so I think either would work....

(30) 536721555 accelerator cable / F >> 50-S-004 000* rhd / PG,KR,9A,2E

(30) 536721555D accelerator cable / F 50-S-004 001>>* rhd / PG,KR,9A,2E, ADY

It also lists this one too... :?

(30) 536723555 accelerator cable rhd / PG,KR,9A,2E

Oh, and don't forget to order part (11) on their diagram 191721559 bush/ manual gearbox

This is the rubber bush that goes through the throttle pedal which the cable sits in... if these go soggy (which they do over time) then the throttle cable just falls out every now and then which can be very embarrassing and potentially dangerous... :o

thanks for the help, does anyone know if there is a difference between them?

The Corrado my other half owns used to be a 16v, but a previous owner from the one we bought it off had transplanted a whole G60 setup into it, so unfortunately, the chassis number wont correlate to the year of the engine!

I cant imagine there being any difference, but I dont want to have to order and pay for both as they are special order at VW and cant be returned.