Sign in to follow this  
cardboard

final problem - no power to doors? see page 2

do you mean that the windows and mirrors NEVER work? If so, try opening the drivers door and seeing if the windows will work from the switch... if not, it sounds to me like you've got a broken earth somewhere or a connector off the back of the fusebox...

I had both door cards off recently - to fix a passenger door handle ( done, using Dave's kit ) and find/cure a water leak ( hopefully fixed, but no rain recently ).

Not exactly sure if it was just before, or during, doing the above - bit now neither my central locking nor either windows work.

Checked fuses, and the single 20amp one on its own at the top of the fusebox is blown - and blows replacements. Input to it is 12v ok, but the circuit out of that fuse position goes straight to earth, according to my circuit tester.

Time to follow the wires ... ...

Electrics :mad2:

I had both door cards off recently - to fix a passenger door handle ( done, using Dave's kit ) and find/cure a water leak ( hopefully fixed, but no rain recently ).

Not exactly sure if it was just before, or during, doing the above - bit now neither my central locking nor either windows work.

Checked fuses, and the single 20amp one on its own at the top of the fusebox is blown - and blows replacements. Input to it is 12v ok, but the circuit out of that fuse position goes straight to earth, according to my circuit tester.

Time to follow the wires ... ...

Electrics :mad2:

Ok, it's either where the wires go through the doors, especially if the foam buffer is not in place or inside the door there is a place where a red power wire is split in 2 with a butt connector - I have seen these break up a few times and suspect they get hot and the joint is broken, if you pull the plugs out you will find the loom goes a bit thick just before the loom Y's off to the two plugs for the Electric Windows and Central Locking.

Thanks. Just about to remove the driver's seat - so I can more easily get to the back of the fuse-box - then trace the wires into the doors.

... ... to be continued ... ...

seperate thread started, to avoid hijacking this one.