Sign in to follow this  
harryc

Some Ba£*$%D drove into my front arch and now pothole damage

Looked around the car this morning to find this;

IMG00043-20100319-1320.jpg

IMG00042-20100319-1320.jpg

So annoyed, can only have happened last night when the car was parked on the roadside outside my girlfriends...no note or anything just a dented arch on otherwise immaculate body work, SO ANNOYED!!!! You can see the blue paint on the wing from whoever bumped into it!

Is this a replacement wing job or something a body shop would be able to have looking like new again?

thats so annoying ahppened to me to, that can get repaired, i expect to pay 150 ish for repair and paint/blend .

other drivers just dont care,the corrados are dying out, its hard to keep them in goodnick!

Bad luck there.

A good repair shop should be able to tap most of that out. The front inner lining will drop out giving them access to the back of the damaged panel. I can't tell from the photo but so long as the paint isn't broken you may get away with it. The downside is the cars black and shows most marks up.

Have a search around for local garages that work on older cars and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck

in fact, you could try dent devils , check them out on a google search, maybe able to pop the dent out like james sed, i think they charge 30-40 for dent removal per panel.

as above if the paint is not broken, you should be able to pop it out and tehn buff out any scuffs assuming its not gone down to the primer/metal. Might not be too pricey, so dont feel too bad.

Took it to the local body shop today and was quoted £200 plus VAT :eek: He said i could get dent devils around to do it but as its on the swage(sp) line it wouldn't remove the dent completely and damage would still be noticeable...grrr!

To add insult to injury i went over a pot hole/asteroid crater which was hidden in the shade under a bridge and smashed the suspension really hard. I reported it the local council and after taking the car to quickfit i got a chance to look under it and it appears the front wishbone is slightly bent :brickwall:

On top of this the pot hole dented the rim and it now has a slow puncture....

Not having alot of luck with the car since i've had it and its really pissing me off as i dont have the money to be fixing it all at the moment!!

It's fair enough cop mate - none of what happened was your fault. I'd be livid as well!!

That sucks :(

Someone drove into my rear arch in the work carpark, never found the culprit. Damage was a fair bit worse than yours + on swage line. Was quoted £280- £350 by several different bodyshops. Got it done by ChipsAway in the end- £141! The guy did a really good job- knocked 95% of it out then a little filler, prime, paint, buff and it looks good as new. He worked on it from 9am - 2pm and even repaired one of my seats free of charge!

200 quid!? jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus. wish i could get away with charging that for a dent that size on a wing. maximum that should cost at a good bodyshop is 180 inc vat. id be trying the dent master route or another bodyshop. No wonder we get a rep for ripping people off when prices like that are thrown around. id qoute 120 done for that damage.

good luck. si

"There's nothing more chicken s**t than messing up a mans motor, they should be put straight to death with no trial or jury"

Bad luck mate, that really sucks - hope Kama swerves them into a tree :bad-words:

Haha thanks for the coments guys, si where's your bodyshop out of interest? Bad luck just keep getting worse! just started getting hot start porblems :mad2: Done a lot of searching on the problem so will hopefully sort it out...

Torn an ankle ligament playing rugby yesterday so cant drive for a while, only good point is not driving it makes me forget about all the problems with the car!....

Took it to the local body shop today and was quoted £200 plus VAT :eek: He said i could get dent devils around to do it but as its on the swage(sp) line it wouldn't remove the dent completely and damage would still be noticeable...grrr!

To add insult to injury i went over a pot hole/asteroid crater which was hidden in the shade under a bridge and smashed the suspension really hard. I reported it the local council and after taking the car to quickfit i got a chance to look under it and it appears the front wishbone is slightly bent :brickwall:

On top of this the pot hole dented the rim and it now has a slow puncture....

Not having alot of luck with the car since i've had it and its really pissing me off as i dont have the money to be fixing it all at the moment!!

Take a picture of the pothole and the busted rim then write to your local council claiming compensation for the damage. I did this for a buckled rim, busted tyre & broken exhaust hanger on my A3 and they paid up fully. Also report the road crater to the highways agency and they might get round to dropping a couple of handfulls of gravel in it at some point.

Im in bolton about 15 mins away from manchester city centre. if you want some advice or whatever pm me and i will be in touch. if im close enough id gladly do it for you.

cheers, si

I feel for you man someone hit my door in the snow parked outside my job and drove off ive been quoted 1600 euro to get it done. :(