Sign in to follow this  
Dredgey

TT Comps - fitting

Apologies if this has been covered to death (couldn't find a definite answer on previous posts) but can anyone tell me if the TT comp whell will fit directly onto my C (5 stud VR, standard brakes, low but adjustable suspension, smoothed arches)

Would I need spacers aor anything?

What should I expect to pay for a set second hand?

Cheers for all the advice anyone can offer.

Standard fit as long as car isn't too low/rims too wide.

Couple of hundred notes - varies a bit and depends if you're talking tyres as well.

Hi mate

Yep these fit straight on. No rubbing from anything. The rear's need a slight playing with, the dome on the hub will push the centre cap off. So either get hold of 3mm spacers or gently tap the dome back in but don't wallop it!

You can fit these over big brakes as well, I did a trial fit over 4 pots and 323mm discs.

Expect to pay around £3- 450 depending on condition and tyres. I paid £300 for mine that needed polishing but had good tyres. You can buy the VW centre caps for about £20 a set.

Very happy with mine and how they look on the car.

Thanks for the replies chaps. I'm looking at a polished set for £350.

Think these rims look very good on the C which seems a very hard car to get the right wheels for!

suit the anguilar lines of the corrado down to the ground, imho. As above you'll need spacers at the rear and perhaps a slightly sloped tyre shoulder rather than square, if that makes sense?

perhaps a slightly sloped tyre shoulder rather than square, if that makes sense?

Like a 'strech fit' tyre?

My tyres are 205/40/17 and fit fine. Though my Comps are 7.5 x 17. Not sure if they come in 7 x 17 also?