volksworld13

storm force 1 , on the road to exellence!

its like condoms for corrados :camp:

im in and out of it all the time with dirty/oily hands, dont wanna wreck the new leather.

i have to use these at work for customer cars as well!! :norty:

Hi mate,

nice car and thread - got a mystic blue storm myself! Just found your thread as i was looking to restore my driver seat bolster.

Would you mind posting up a list of the items and their part numbers please (most important one i want is the bolster, but the handbrake cover looks great too - so if you can do all parts you used, that would be great!)?

I know you mentioned that you nabbed the last bolster repair (remind me to punch you if i ever see ya :nuts: ) but just in case ill pop into VW soon and see if they can get hold of any more...

cheers fella

H

as requested

drivers side outer seat bolster p/n-53588137b

handbrake cover trim plastic-p/n-535711463

leather handle handbrake-p/n-357711320

if you need more p/n ,register to vagcat , you can look up your own bits. hope this helps :D

Cheers mate!

Yeah i use VAGCAT its just that sometimes it can be difficult to be sure the part numbers correspond to the right bit.

Ta and good luck with the rest of your rebuild.

yesterday and today been cleaning the battery tray, and passenger side strut tower. come up quite nice, also bought some mguires leather feed, highly recomended,bring leather back mint , and makes it a lot softer.

also received a brand new vw rear badge , and storm badge off ebay, both brand new absolute find!!! also brand new vag bonnet prop, and rad cover both on back order for ages..pics to follow.

i just need to make more space in the garage to remove the engine and start inpecting what needs to be done.its amazing how clean paint comes up with a bit of work!Corrado92.pdfCIMG1485.JPG[/attachment:254xe82r]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG1491.JPG[/attachment:254xe82r]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG1495.JPG[/attachment:254xe82r]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG1518.JPG[/attachment:254xe82r]CIMG1519.JPG[/attachment:254xe82r]

ok bit of an update, just been cleaning and inspecting the body and engine looking for hidden corrosion.also been trying to get loads of parts ordered, im finding alot of stuff going obsolete :( .

got my self a new front grille, and rear number plate lighting unit and cover, and loads of new new engine nuts and bolts,slam panel and wing fixing screws.

next is a new rad, theromstate housing/crack pipe. ect.passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG0003.JPG[/attachment:zxfjxms0]

Keep the updates coming. This is of particular interest to me, being in the same position.

Have you got the part numbers for the Rad Cover and Bonnet Prop?

I'm gonna register on VAGCAT now.

progress has slowed for a minute, as im trying to get money together for parts,and powdercoating/painting ect.

rad cover- v535121343c

bonnet prop- v535823361b

white clip for bonnet stay- v357823397

progress has slowed for a minute, as im trying to get money together for parts,and powdercoating/painting ect.

I know exactly what you mean. I wasn't planning on starting any of this until next year. Now I may as well go the whole hog as the engine is kaput!

ordered lots of new parts, some of which i wont be fitting until its been painted.but here some small bits that make a diffrence to the engine bay ! :D

new bonnet pins and reatiner hook before and after. removed polisehed under bonnet paint and installed new.passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG0007.JPG[/attachment:17p65mc1]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG0010.JPG[/attachment:17p65mc1]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG0008.JPG[/attachment:17p65mc1]CIMG0015.JPG[/attachment:17p65mc1]

new number plate plinth/holder and new top door outer weatherseals, £££$$$$ :eek:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG0019.JPG[/attachment:8b12hfjg]

cleaned battery terminal as they were green and pretty dirty.2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG1522.JPG[/attachment:8b12hfjg]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG1521.JPG[/attachment:8b12hfjg]

been a while since ive updated, but as promised more pics of progress.

tank down , full inspection of floor pan, some rust that needs treating, bad spots, drivers lower arch/sill corrosion./ and passenger sill where water has run off the door seal onto the sill itself under that black sill trim.and foliage seal area. pics to follow after repair.

tanks straps goin off for powder coating soon.

cleaned tanks, underside and arches.passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG0169.JPG[/attachment:3hcn6vzw]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG0185.JPG[/attachment:3hcn6vzw]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG0171.JPG[/attachment:3hcn6vzw]CIMG0183.JPG[/attachment:3hcn6vzw]

Loving the quality of work going on here, its going to be an awesome car once finished :notworthy:

Good work mate, bought a storm myself to bring back to its former glory.

Was it £10.13 for all four of the bbs centre caps or was that the price per one? Need to get them for the storm im doing as wheels are going off to be redone.

10.13 each , mabe a little more as i get discount,thanks for the comments, i need eggin on to pull my finger out to get more updates and pics on here.

Looking good. Keep the updates coming when you can find the time between building your new house and all!

Loving the fuel tank off for cleaning. Wish I was confident enough to take that sort of bit off.

Looking forward to seeing it at BVF (but if I've forgotten as I'm still cleaning my car please please drag me out from underneath it to say hi :) )

new engine cover, love the colours , came from the dealers like that, which is different to the original silver ones 8)CIMG0195.JPG[/attachment:3bgbobym]

new engine cover, love the colours , came from the dealers like that, which is different to the original silver ones 8)CIMG0195.JPG[/attachment:ths4n0br]

Yeah ive got the same one looks miles better if you ask me

new engine cover, love the colours , came from the dealers like that, which is different to the original silver ones 8)CIMG0195.JPG[/attachment:1yjybpfn]

Hello Mate

My VR is crying out for a new engine cover, I dont suppose you have the part number handy ??? Also how much was it ??

Thanks

hi fella

part number -021133286e price rrp-£60.95 plus vat! :brickwall: :eek:

NOT CHEAP BY FAR,BUT LOOKS MINT! :D