volksworld13

storm force 1 , on the road to exellence!

yeah they should be fine.

i would recommend supporting the tank with a block of wood or something and taking the straps off, and getting them done. it alot easier when there very little fuel in it.

you can get the pcv valve from ford

You can also just get the PCV valve part from VW Dealer. Tell the parts guy to look under VW VR6 sharan. I got mine think it was £30 all in.

How much were the new brake flexis all round( front rear and center) with metal spring retainers from the dealers. Just wondered if it was worth getting the original stuff or braided kit version ?

Those new backing plates looks great were the price for each or pair... I ve painted mine may get some new ones instead.

yeah they should be fine.

i would recommend supporting the tank with a block of wood or something and taking the straps off, and getting them done. it alot easier when there very little fuel in it.

I will give it a go at the weekend

Hi mate

where did you get the black wheel bolt caps from?

Looking to get some black ones to cover the 'nuts' for my H&R Porsche conversion kit (it is stud and nut type)

thanks mate

its been a little while since ive updated ,but i have been doing work on the storm here and there, but been real busy with all sorts, work gets in the way of enjoying life sometimes!! :lol:

anyway , i had a rust issue near the foliage seal, which was allowing water into the cabin, and it was quite awkward to repair,this has obviously happened due to the muppet who installed the a/c system at the dealership not taking car in covering exsposed metal work,

firstly i took the bonnet off , a/c heater box out, carpet up, wiper linkage out clean the whole area down with degreaser.and cut the whole rusted section out, i had a spare one cut from a broken car, which was in great condition.

super mig 185 out, metal work shaped tacked and then welded, as always, the weld was smoothed off and seal sealed.

using the foliage metal work sections were cut and positioned in place, and then welded, smoothed off, no traces of rust were left after the welding i used a rust inhibitor called genolite which is like a acid that prevents rust from forming again. and forms a chemical reaction .thats why it looks king of greeney/white colour.

after this 2 coats of zinc 182 antirust etch primer, to seal it up.

i then got some paint mixed and blended the colours together around the foliage and bulk head area, followed by clear coat, i dont have a pic of when i painted it but i will get one.2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG0539.JPG[/attachment:oc0rw2v8]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG0538.JPG[/attachment:oc0rw2v8]CIMG0540.JPG[/attachment:oc0rw2v8]

Woah, brilliant work, Alex! Glad the scuttle area we cut out for you has gone to good use- a real work of art! 8)

cheers guys, it getting there slowly , god know how much time and money ive spent on it, and i still havent done the timing chains, clutch ect ect. so theres still loads of work to be done, just trying hard to get the nugget road worthy again after 4 years and hopefully get it through mot in the next few weeks.and then i can use the garage.

i will let you know if i decide to let the shrick mani go, you will have 1st dibs, but for now, ican afford to keep it!! :clap:

cheers guys, it getting there slowly , god know how much time and money ive spent on it, and i still havent done the timing chains, clutch ect ect. so theres still loads of work to be done, just trying hard to get the nugget road worthy again after 4 years and hopefully get it through mot in the next few weeks.and then i can use the garage.

i will let you know if i decide to let the shrick mani go, you will have 1st dibs, but for now, ican afford to keep it!! :clap:

Top man!!! :notworthy:

Woah, brilliant work, Alex! Glad the scuttle area we cut out for you has gone to good use- a real work of art! 8)

Thought it looked familiar Andy!!

nice work. With the aircon flap controller popping through the foliage cover its a real pain to fit back - might check mine again this spring...

Anyway, glad yours is sorted.

drivers side arch cleaned, rust treated and repainted, paint specially mixed to match existing colour, 3 coats and 2 clear coats.

interior completly stripped all leather seats cleaned and leather treated, passenger sound deadening removed, unfortunatly the water ingress has damged the abs ecu, and the abs relays, relays have been ordered,along with a few other bits from vw.

i took the carpet into work and steam cleaned with tfr , it has brought the carpet up like brand new.

his a few pics below.just need more funds!! maybe the 8v hass to go.passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCIMG0882.JPG[/attachment:1ws30tsl]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCIMG0883.JPG[/attachment:1ws30tsl]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCIMG0885.JPG[/attachment:1ws30tsl]CIMG0884.JPG[/attachment:1ws30tsl]

here the abs ecu, one pin has completely corroded off, and the relay have lots of corrosion inside, hopefully i can source a good abs ecu off here for not too much, relays will be here next week

its been a while with no updates, i appologise, really want to get this on the road in the next month or two. still tons of work to do.

thing i done/spent since last update.

new abs relays, new abs control unit, new schrick manifold solonoid, new front grille and badge.

new carpet wet vacd and cleaned all trim cleaned a refitted, new sunroof motor, new number plate plinth fitted, new number plates.

chrome dial rings

front grille and sunroof panel painted in mystic blue. 100 quid later! pics to follow.

things i need to make road worthy, reliable./parts missing!

timing chains

clutch

starter motor

radiator

crack pipe

lower splitter

bumper replacing and repainting

new sump

inspect big end shells, oil pump , replace if required.

still tons of money to chuck at it, but its addictive habbit. and will make awsome car when complete.

long overdue, but ive done aload of work since the last update , i have now purchased all of the relevant parts for the engine, chains clutch ect.

front bumper, wings and mirrors in for paint, whilst engine is out. block will get tarted up with some matt black block paint. all cooling system is being replaced, clutch chains and guides , sump, the works!, i will post pics through the course of dec.

Good work Alex :) you fitting a standard top tensioner too as opposed to the MK 4 one? Just being nosey lol! when my chains were done by DG Autotech the top tensioner loked almost perfect and Dave commeted that you could easily re-use it, not that they would just that it was in such good condition even with 95k on the clock.

Testament to regular oil changes and not many short journeys i guess :)

hi paul yes , im putting the original tensioner in as listed for the engine, i know the mk4 ones are prob better, but just wanna keep it all factory standard, plus if anything lets go timing chain wise, i have 2years parts and labour warranty, and if the mk4 tensioner was fitted, i wouldnt be able to make a claim becuase its not made for that engine.

my chains have been replaced once before by the look of things, top tensioner was quite worn. but shes is almost on 200k.

Edited by volksworld13