Sign in to follow this  
thom5r

Front Foglight Out

I bought a Corrado last week and I'm well happy with it so far! I noticed in the reflection of a shop window (checking out the 'rado) that only one foglight is working. I got the bulb out and it seems to be brand spanking new and work when I hook it up to my drill battery. This must mean that the wire's dead but the other foglight works fine so I assume it's not the fuse?!

Any quick fixes or suggestions for my to try? I'm new to this German car malarkey!

Have you checked the wire is connected further up?

It goes thru a grommet behind the headlight then there is a plug - plug should be the same colour both sides.

If it is plugged in them you need to check for 12V at that point then start tracing further back.

I'll check that next. I am correct in thinking there is one fuse for both foglights right?

I dug out my old multimeter to find that I'd left it on and now requires a new battery :mad2:

Yeah just one fuse for all 3 - number 10 I think.

Does the horn work? - just the plugs are the same 2 pin and can get mixed up.

ive got the same prob with my os fog.theres no power at the bulb but i can find the plug it looks like its behind the bumper somewhere :shrug:

Have you verified also that your outside air temperature reading works on the MFA? When I first got my current Corrado, found I had a foglight out and I also couldn't get the air temperature reading on my MFA.. turns out the plugs are identical and someone had plugged the air temp probe into the fog light connector and vice versa.

Worth checking....

:)

Both my outside air temp and horn both work. I'll have a better look when it's a bit sunnier/warmer. Just a shame because the fogs make my car look sweet!