Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

Screwing or Bolting speakers to audioscape pods?

Have just picked up some JL C5's to fit to my Audioscape pods and was thinking whether it might be better to drill through the fibreglass and bolt the speakers on or just to screw them in.

If I screw them in do i need to make pilot holes or is fibreglass fairly easy to screw into?

Cheers!

Baz.

i would always drill a pilot hole to avoid anything from spilitting wheter it be wood, plastic , fibreglass or anything.

I bolted mine, made some rubber washers to go between the speakers and the pod. Then riveted some floating M4 anchor nuts that I got from work to the inside. You will split the fibre glass using screws. If you tell me how many you want, I will get some M4 anchor nuts for you from work, that way you can unbolt then from the pod without any damage to the pod and you haven't got the risk of the pod splitting.

cheers for the replies.. the size i need is 3mm as a 4mm wont go through the holes in the speaker..

why would i need T-nuts or anchor nuts rather than just standard ones?! Sorry, i dont know a lot about this sort of stuff!

An anchor nut is a captive nut so you won't have to remove the pod to unbolt the speaker