Sign in to follow this  
radojunkie

oz futura fitment to g60

ive just bougth some porsche fitment 3 piece oz futuras off a porsche (5x130). they are 7.5x17 on the front with 9's on the rear. the tyres which are on there are fronts 225- 45- 17 and rears are 245 -45-17.

my car is a 92 g60 with 4x100. theres a few avenues which i could go down to get em to fit:

1) buy adaptors 4x100 - 5x130

2) fill and redrill

3) i have a 96 golf vr6 brake set-up with carriers, calipers,stud axles, discs and pads which would take it to 5x100 which is closer an give me 8mm more on the brakes but would leave me not being able to fit my originals for winter and leave me in the same non fitting predicament

4) cut the whole middle out, weld in a new plate and cut to 4x100

5) or sell them :(

what do you guys think, i havent got a large budget but i am mainly conserned about safety? :confused4:

ive just bougth some porsche fitment 3 piece oz futuras off a porsche (5x130). they are 7.5x17 on the front with 9's on the rear. the tyres which are on there are fronts 225- 45- 17 and rears are 245 -45-17.

my car is a 92 g60 with 4x100. theres a few avenues which i could go down to get em to fit:

1) buy adaptors 4x100 - 5x130

2) fill and redrill

3) i have a 96 golf vr6 brake set-up with carriers, calipers,stud axles, discs and pads which would take it to 5x100 which is closer an give me 8mm more on the brakes but would leave me not being able to fit my originals for winter and leave me in the same non fitting predicament

4) cut the whole middle out, weld in a new plate and cut to 4x100

5) or sell them :(

what do you guys think, i havent got a large budget but i am mainly conserned about safety? :confused4:

why would you consider anything but adaptors? the rest of the ideas are kinda crazy.. there are two sets on here for sale at the moment.

you're gonna need new tyres too as what you have will be nowhere near fitting.

i'd recommend 195/40s & 205/40s or 205/40 & 215/40 depending how you want the car to sit.

You will need to cut the arches for the rears to fit if this hasnt yet been done.

What are the wheel offsets? This is just as inportant as the other info you've given as to whether you can make this work.

im a kinda crazy guy :cuckoo: :lol: just weighing up the options,

forgot to add the et, there 55 and i think the furthest you can go up to is a 45 with 17" on a c (should be 38 allowing for 7mm each side) the rear arch needs repair work so im thinking of getting the arches remade anyhows. wouldnt be just a rolling jobby im guessing?

yep 20mm front and 30mm rear adaptors + 205/40 & 215/40 + rear archwork will get you where you need to be

With those offsets i would say go with adapters. You need 20-30mm depending on where you want them to sit in the arch.

probably want it to appear slightly higher at the back and squated down at the front. the rears arches sitting half way over the tyre. a bit like the stance you got in your sig zak. how much arch work would these require you reckon with the sizes outlined by dukest

if you want your rear arch half way down the tyre on a 9 inch wheel then you'll need a lot of arch work, even if you go for the smaller tyres!

easiest thing to do is get the whole arch lip cut out.. no worries then.

how far out do you want the wheel rim to poke, or do you want it sat inside the arch?

how much stretch do you want on the tyres?

ddi045.jpg

probably like this just a bit over the tyre on the rear and tucked in the front.

bit of poke as they'll be my show/summer rims :D

i'd go for a pair of 30mm spacers.. 20mm for the front isnt gonna get them out far enough, you'd get away with 25mm but only just..